Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t show body fat or BMI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria 2 will display my weight, but instead of showing body fat or BMI, it just shows a head with a question mark in it, then the app records the weight as guest.  Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51
I went through a whole tone of steps with a customer service rep. And at
the end of the day, the scale simple doesn't function. Neither will Aria
accept a return since I bought it from an online vendor in Beijing. But
even if they would have accepted a return, they would make me pay to ship
their rotten scale back to them. So I paid a lot of money for a piece of
garbage which I could have paid five dollars for (a functional scale which
tells me my weight just fine).

In the interim, I have come to find this technology is highly suspect
anyway. A better predictor is to just use an online application which the
United States Navy uses to gauge the body fat percentage of its members. So
for those who (like me) have been kicked in the groin by this rotten
company, here is the website to the Navy calculator.
https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeanCyclist Thank you for getting back and trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps! I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they contacted you via email. Please check out your inbox and see the email that they sent you.

Let me know if a solution was provided! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. And after I tap when I see the ? It gives me a picture of feet walking backwards. Any ideas??

Best Answer
0 Votes
In my case I  did not have Wifi in my house so my scale was not going to ever do more than show my weight. I sent mine back and received a full refund.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hellwig Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria won't provide your body fat percentage or your BMI. Please make sure that your Aria 2 is placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. Also, I would like to know if you have restarted and re-calibrated your scale. If not, please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

@12Bones I'm sorry to hear that the Aria 2 didn't fit your needs or was what you expected. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll be around if any questions arise guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned the scale  about 2 months ago. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@12Bones Your feedback will be sent to our team as this helps us to keep improving our services and products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does the picture of feet walking backwards mean? Does it mean get off the scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tpb wrote:

What does the picture of feet walking backwards mean? Does it mean get off the scale?

Yes, that means that you need to step off the scales so it can complete the calibration process.

Best Answer

@tpb It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! The information that shared my friend @USAF-Larry is correct. In addition, I'd like to share this help article which explains what the other icons that the scale displays mean.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it means step off of the scale 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@L-Trane That's right my friend! Thank you for your contribution and joining our Fitbit Community.

Welcome aboard! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you wearing socks ? Same just happened to me and I realised I was wearing socks now it’s ok 

Best Answer

You are joking, right? I know better than to wear socks when I step on the scale if I expect it  to be able to show me BMI.  I don’t know why it initially just stopped showing me BMI but after pulling batteries and hitting reset button, it’s working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Jeez no need to be rude I did it without thinking the other day that is why I mentioned it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Oh you were serious! I thought you were trying to be flippant. My apologies! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nyko @L-Trane I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scales are working properly now. Thank you for posting your updates in the Community.

I'd like to invite you both to visit our Discussions board where you can share your  experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you guys in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried tapping the top when I saw the guy with a question mark and nothing happens. Mind you, I am the only user set up for this scale.  And, I agree that the written instructions amount are very limited. 

Best Answer

@Scottd2104 Welcome to this thread and our Fitbit forums! Let me go ahead and find a solution for this. Please let me know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 is working properly now. In the meantime, please take a look at this help article, which explains what the icons mean.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my scale won't show my fat %. I've had it over a year and it has shown about a dozen times. I weigh myself every morning. I noticed you helped someone else with this issue but I have no idea what he was referring to about the x. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes