Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 disconnects from my network everyday

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I'm fedtup with my aria 2 scale. Everyday it disconnects from my wifi. I have no issues with my other wifi devices, the only pain is the aria 2. 

My router is about 5-10feet away from the scale. Signal strength is not an issue.

I thought DHCP was an issue. So I assigned the scale a static ip. No luck the issue is still there.

You may ask, do I have the lastest update. The answer is yes.

My 2.4ghz wifi is set to 802.11bgn

I don't know what to do anymore

moderator edit: format

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I'm experiencing the same issue, except mine will not log weights either, and won't sync to my Fitbit app. I have tried no security on login and this doesn't seem to help. I suggest returning it and getting a replacement. I have an older Withings smart scale that works from a much farther distance from the router. I suspect they have an inferior wifi device in the scale that's got some setup issues. I've removed the batteries multiple times, changed them, tried to setup the scale withing mere millimeters of the router. everything else that can be connected to the router wirelessly is, without issue.

Best Answer

Yes I wonder why FitBit would sell such a piece of f#@%! ing crap. I cannot get through the setup using either the web based or the Fitbit windows app. My computer OR phone does not see the scale. There is nothing out there on these threads that i can find to remedy my problem. After I return this **ahem** I vow that this Charge 2 is my last fibit purchase. typical UC corporation!

Best Answer
I spent over an hour and a half with their support line. They had me try to do a factory reset by removing a battery, holding down the button in the battery compartment for 5 or more seconds, then while still holding the button down, reinstall the battery.

You should get a blank screen and then eventually a “loading bar” appears. I instead got the Fitbit logo, followed by the loading bar and they said this means the reset failed.

It just appears the WiFi device in the scale isn’t functioning properly. I have a FING box that allows you to scan your network. I could see the scale in range, but it never completes a connection to the network. Even after changing the security to WPA2 (AES). They said it can’t connect if your security is WPA (TKIP). Why would you build and sell a device that can’t connect to current protocols for security?

Anyway - waiting for them to get back to me after I told them to exchange the scale.
Best Answer

@Chuckster123 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network. It seems that your router settings are correct. Please try resetting your router and try the setup process again as described in this help article and let me know how it goes.

@Shredda Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I was able to get in touch with our Support team and told me that they'll reach you via email soon in order to follow up with the issue you've experienced with your Aria scale.

@deand9077 It's great to see you in the forums! I want to follow up on your case and help to turn the bad experience you've had with your Aria 2 into a good experience. Since you mentioned that you were going to return the scale, I would like to know if you still have it so I can assist you accordingly.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the recommended fixes and it still won't connect. It only started doing this within the last two weeks. I never had a problem with the original Aria. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maxswife2011 it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Aria 2 since it's not connecting to your WiFi. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like to know the following details: Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)? Does your Aria 2 show any error message when trying to connect to your network? This information will help me to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not made any changes to our WiFi. The Aria tries to connect to
upload my weight and says weak signal.
Best Answer

@Maxswife2011 Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, I'd like you to try one more workaround if you haven't done so. Please try setting up your Aria 2 from scratch and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a factory reset and replaced the batteries. It cannot set up a WiFi
connection because it says it has a weak signal. I put it within three feet
of our router and it still has weak signal. Again, we had never had this
issue until a few weeks ago.
Best Answer

@Maxswife2011 Since your Aria 2 is still unable to connect with your network, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues with syncing Aria 2 to Fitbit app. Do I removed from app to try and reinstall and now app can’t find scales and I’m sitting right next to it.

nothing has changed with wifi settings either.

Best Answer

@ReneeL444 thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Since your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network, I would like to know if you are getting any error message when trying to connect it. If so, please provide more details about the error message.

In the meantime, please check out this help article which contains troubleshooting steps for possible issues that you may encounter.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No error message but it just continues to search for aria 2 through the app.

i have had issues with weak signal since the scales were purchased in February this year. This is the 3rd time I’ve had to try and reinstall them but this time it is failing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issues, already been spending 3 hours trying to connect it to my new network. 

This aria thing is the biggest waste of time I've had to deal with this year. 

How is it possible that in these days such a monstrously user-unfriendly product can be made.

There will not be a next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shredda, after 4 months my Aria 2 suddenly cannot connect to my wifi. Says "wifi weak." I've read all the messages on this board and nowhere do I see what ultimately happens with all the customers who have contacted Fitbit with this problem. I don't see any messages that say the problem was solved and the purchaser was satisfied with the resolution.

I'd very much appreciate if you could tell me what eventually happened with your problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is being replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I believe they will have to replace your unit. Mine was replaced as well to resolve the issue after trying multiple workarounds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know your outcome. I have been having nothing but trouble in the last few days with Fitbit. Now they told me to update my Fitbit charge 3, but now the app won't even connect via Bluetooth with my charge 3. I looked at the forms and everybody is having nothing but trouble!

Best Answer

I got my Aria 2 in March of this year. After set up, it worked great for several months, no problems. I had to reset it once and it took a couple tries but it worked again for a few months. About 2 weeks ago, it stopped syncing this my app. After about an hour of trying to get it set up again, with all the right settings and the router less than 10 ft away and in the same room, it worked for the one time and now won’t connect again. Sometimes it just gives the frown face, sometimes it says weak signal. Either way, it’s way too expensive to work so poorly. Sounds like it’s time to return it and get one to work with my iPhone that won’t give me issues every day even though everything else on the WiFi works fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes