Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIA not measuring body fat or BMI! Just shows weight!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help team!

I set up my Aria and got on it this morning however it only showed me my weight and none of the other measurments that its meant to. I was bare foot and the Aria was on a hard flat surface. 

I have taken the battery out and put it back in but it just keeps showing my weight and nil else.

Please advise.......bit upset. thank you

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sadstep @Lilibird @Rob007sam @Neonfun @Pinkpegs It's great to have you all aboard in the Community! Seems odd that your Aria scales are not showing your body fat percentage properly. It also seems that you have troubleshooted this issue by taking out the batteries and weighed yourselves a few times without success.

Have you tried checking out your profile settings as my friend @KT200 did? That is a nice workaround and little details may affect your devices' accuracy. However if your settings are correct and the issue persists, my best advice is to get in touch with our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for this.

@KT200 Thanks for sharing your workaround my friend and I'm glad to hear that your Aria is working properly again.

Let me know if more questions arise my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
72 REPLIES 72

I have the same problem. How can it be solved

Best Answer

How strange my just started doing the same. Wonder if some software update gone wrong. No feed back from fitbit on this one.

Best Answer

Same! And shows me as "Guest." I saw another thread re: this, and the fitbit gal just said "Hmm... weird." She suggested setting up again to make sure the scale is on your home network, but the scale tells you it's on your network. That's clearly not the issue... 🤔

Best Answer

Mine began doing the same thing on Monday after and update. My weight history showed a manual entry of 325 pounds which is 100 pounds too much. I was able to change it but then I kept getting a body fat reading of BF?  Tried everything and contacted support. The support reply never addressed the issue and rambled about reasons for inconsistent body fat readings. 

I kept searching for everything and finally after almost two days discovered that my height had also been changed to 4'0 which is 2 feet short. I went into "Account" and then "Edit Profile" and corrected my height. I weighed once with the same BF? Error, but after the scale synced, I weighed again and everything functioned correctly. No more problems. 

Might be worthwhile to check your height and weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sadstep @Lilibird @Rob007sam @Neonfun @Pinkpegs It's great to have you all aboard in the Community! Seems odd that your Aria scales are not showing your body fat percentage properly. It also seems that you have troubleshooted this issue by taking out the batteries and weighed yourselves a few times without success.

Have you tried checking out your profile settings as my friend @KT200 did? That is a nice workaround and little details may affect your devices' accuracy. However if your settings are correct and the issue persists, my best advice is to get in touch with our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for this.

@KT200 Thanks for sharing your workaround my friend and I'm glad to hear that your Aria is working properly again.

Let me know if more questions arise my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Body Fat reading not being measured starting last week - took out the batteries ,checked my height setting ( it was uchanged and correct)  I'll reach out CS as well.

Best Answer
Hi!

I forgot to post that I figured out the issue with my scale. It was
connecting with an old Fitbit account that I forgot I even had. Once I
directed it to my "real" account, all was good!

Hope your issue resolves also!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krompir Thanks for joining us in this thread and the Fitbit Community! If you already tried the the batteries workaround, checked your profile settings and the issue persists, I would also contact Customer Service so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

@Neonfun It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. I'm pretty sure your workaround will be helpful to other people with the same issue. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be around if more help is needed my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Yeah, I concur.

Just got my Aria this Friday. 

And since, it has my weight, my body fat index, but no BMI.

I did remove the battery step, and nothing has changed.

Wondering if there is any update?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tclmac Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your concern, the BMI only appears on your web-based Dashboard. This information doesn't appear on the Aria's display. When you get to the "Weight" section on your we-based Dashboard, select the "BMI" button as it appears in the image below.

BMI button.PNG

Let me know if you have additional questions my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just bought an Aria2. I set it up and it measured my weight but not my body fat. I tried resetting using the button on the back and it didn't work. I then removed the wireless network and then tried again and it still only shows my weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing. I am not sure why the BMI is not showing up as my height is still in my profile. However, I don't believe the entire function of a body fat percentage can even exist anymore on the Aria scale ever since Fitbit removed the measurements options from our profiles. So a question mark shows up because body fat cannot possibly be determined without knowing measurements.... lame

Best Answer

I went into my profile (Users/your name) and BMI was not turned on. I turned it on and it works.

@Krompir wrote:

Body Fat reading not being measured starting last week - took out the batteries ,checked my height setting ( it was uchanged and correct)  I'll reach out CS as well.

Best Answer

I see new faces in this thread and our Fitbit Community, welcome aboard @LJDFit @dbora32! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your body fat percentage is being tracked again. Besides resetting your scales by taking out the batteries and putting them back in, I recommend weighing in yourselves 5 consecutive times since this re-calibrates the scales.

@SteelerChick It's great to see you in our Community also! I'm so glad to hear that your body fat percentage is being measured after you turned on the BMI option. Thanks for your feedback.

See you all later guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Body fat always showed up on the scale display 

Best Answer
As you may have seen from some other posters way back when this was posted,
the body fat was suffering some sort of glitch and had stopped showing on
many people's displays where it had been previously. So, no, it didn't and
doesn't always show on the display. I sometimes have to weigh myself
multiple times for it to show. Thank you for your response, though.
Best Answer
Thanks .. but body fat is not showing up at all no matter how many weighs .. and shows only as guest !
Batteries taken out 5 consecutive weighs etc all done as per several posts but still not working ... does this just need replaced as a faulty product?

Alan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Aria also is going wonky!!!! Not only is it not doing b.m.i. or body fat % readings, it also is reading my weight about 3.5 pounds heavy. I am basing this on multiple weighing on other scales. Trying the reset yet again. I will say I am incredibly disappointed in this Fitbit  purchase. I've had the scale 18 months and of course no warranty to back me up.

Best Answer