Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIA not measuring body fat or BMI! Just shows weight!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help team!

I set up my Aria and got on it this morning however it only showed me my weight and none of the other measurments that its meant to. I was bare foot and the Aria was on a hard flat surface. 

I have taken the battery out and put it back in but it just keeps showing my weight and nil else.

Please advise.......bit upset. thank you

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72
Mine is the same age but I am going to return it under the 2 year European warranty!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my Aria stopped measuring Body fat a few years ago...now it's out of warranty. I think that the surface of the scale has some conductivity problems. As you clean it using some detergents it probably wears out..sometimes when my feet are a bit wet then it's able to do the measurement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  Body fat is just shown with a dash.  Weighing five times and taking out battery does nothing (except to note that the WEIGHT is DIFFERENT each of the five times!!!)

THis may be the worst scale ever made

Best Answer
I truly don't understand how fitbit can casually recommend that I upgrade to the Aria 2. THE FIRST ONE WAS A WASTE OF MONEY!! Why on earth would I buy another. How about a little product back up here?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer

@Alang2473 @cah1966 @Adi86 I'm sorry about the experience you've experienced with your Aria scales and I'm sorry that they're no longer under warranty. I know how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

@dbora32 @Jbcmia I would like to follow up on the issue that your scales are experiencing with the body fat percentage. Please make sure that your scales are placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on them barefoot. If these details are already covered, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same recently.

I reset the WiFi and reconnected.

It measures weight, and syncs it to my account just fine, but not measuring fat %. 

I checked that my height is still in and it is.

I'm using the exact same place in the house as I have for over a year, always measuring barefoot.

Any idea how to solve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not providing body fat percentage. If you haven't done this, please re-calibrate your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if your body fat percentage is displayed on your scale.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry did not work

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@Jbcmia Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps listed above. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Customer Service department and they'll be happy to follow up.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if any question arises! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue as everyone else.  Please submit a ticket for me too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dougythemagicma Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like you to follow the troubleshooting steps that I shared in this post.

As a side note, please make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

If these details are already covered, please let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No such luck. I tried it all.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I definitely went through all of the troubleshooting steps quite a long time back and have had no luck. I removed the Aria from my account and put it back on like it was brand new. Its always on a hard surface I always step on with dry bare feet. I'm not really sure what else to try but have not been using it because it became inaccurate. I was hoping just to replace it but I was out of the one-year warranty by less than a month when it started this. I was very disappointed that is scale that cost that much quit working in just over a year. Cheryl

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dougythemagicma Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Due to this, I'll send your case to our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and proceed accordingly. You will receive an email soon.

@cah1966 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria could not be fixed after trying the troubleshooting steps and I'm also sorry to hear that it's no longer under warranty. I know how frustrating this is for you and your feedback is greatly appreciated

I'll be around if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently started having this issue with my Aria too. Tried all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Please add me to your case and let us know when there is a resolution. It's an awfully expensive scale to not have a better warranty  

Best Answer

@msaonika It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing body fat readings either. Thank you for trying the recommended troubleshooting steps before contacting our Community.

I'd just like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful: try setting up your Aria scale from scratch. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. Let me know how it goes.

See you later! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria scale is also not showing BF. I have reset to factory settings and tried weighing myself 5 times. It's sitting on a hard, even surface and I'm barefoot. Is there any other suggestions I can try? Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
Unfortunately all of those things I tried as well and got no result. My Aria was a year and one month when it started doing this and I was unable to get any kind of warranty help. So I pulled the batteries out and it's still sitting in the Box

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Frustrating that Fitbit can’t figure this out.  Stepping on and off 5+ times is the only thing that has had some success for me.  Get all the prompts “BF?”, “:heavy_check_mark:”, “Syncing”, “Thinking” but no rhyme or reason to why occasionally it spits out a BF reading.  This is a software glitch that Fitbit should have fixed long ago.  Losing customers to Apple every day! 

Best Answer

Wow, this is so sad. I've supported Fitbit since 2010. I hope they figure something out. I really want them do better. 

Best Answer