Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIA not measuring body fat or BMI! Just shows weight!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help team!

I set up my Aria and got on it this morning however it only showed me my weight and none of the other measurments that its meant to. I was bare foot and the Aria was on a hard flat surface. 

I have taken the battery out and put it back in but it just keeps showing my weight and nil else.

Please advise.......bit upset. thank you

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72
I hate to say it but I gave up on getting anything resolved through fit bit and bought an off brand scale WAY cheaper from Amazon. It works great.....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got mine working again. Take the metal ring and plastic cover on the top off. It should be glued. I used a razor blade to help get it off. 

Under the clear plastic cover will be 4 metal tabs. Clean them because they are probably rusty. Test your scale with out the clear plastic and metal ring on. The BF should start reading again. If it doesn’t then clean the metal tabs more.

I just placed the clear plastic and metal ring back on top without glue. I tried using silicone at first, but the tabs stopped working.

Best Answer

In my understanding hiding body fat due to, when you add new members. By default “show weight data” is hidden in settings of aria. You need to change to show weight data.

i did followings

- aria setting

- people tab

- let people check box

- set show data

then check in mobile app, you see fat data now visible. This works for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just purchased the ARIA AIR, no Body fat of BMI displayed. I tried the "re-calibrate your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in." Twice. No results. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alrighty then....I had the same issue, up until this morning.

The difference, I had just got out of the shower, my feet and the surface of the fitbit aria scale were a little bit wet.

So, could it simply be moisture is needed to help conduct the electrical flow through the aria?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirmed......

Dry feet, no BF...just BF?

Take a wet washcloth, smear it over the surface of the Aria and stand on it.....BF reading.

So the water helps conduct and get the reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my app won’t even let me see a BMI option
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Please submit a ticket for me.  It was working fine until 2 weeks ago.  I did everything that you suggest on this thread and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ANSWER!!!

Y'all, after scouring this particular forum, I found the answer. There are metal tabs under the front plastic ring that create the connection between your feet and the scale's electronics, through the electrostatic glass (you can see the four outlines on the glass). The problem seems to be, the plastic ring is put on with adhesive (poor design). The adhesive gets mucked up between the metal tabs and the glass, interfering with the connection. 

GENTLY AND CAREFULLY pry the plastic ring (and accompanying plastic lens) off of the scale. I used a sharp knife, and SLOWLY worked my way around the ring. It's gonna feel gummy - that's the adhesive. Just go around a little at a time, I took a good 3 minutes taking it off, keep gently prying up a little and moving around, until you can get your fingers underneath and gently pull it the rest of the way (again, it's PLASTIC, keep being careful so you don't break it). When you finally remove it, you'll see the 4 little metal tabs (two at the bottom, one on the left, one on the right) that connect with the four outlines on the glass. I took the same knife and GENTLY AND CAREFULLY scraped all the adhesive I could from around, and under, the tabs. I thought about using a piece of dental floss to help dig under the tab, but I didn't end up having to do it. After scraping as much adhesive as I could from the immediate area around the tabs (no need to remove the majority of the adhesive everywhere else, you need that to get the plastic ring back on), I set the scale down and IT WORKED! Showed my body fat on the first try (it didn't recognize who I was at first, it asked to confirm, press the glass outline on the right to confirm 🙂 ). At this point I could just line up the plastic ring back in its place (it has to be aligned - there are actually little cutouts on the ring that correspond with the metal tabs), and it would work. But I took one more step - I had some extra dielectric grease, so I applied the tiniest amount on each tab, tried to work it underneath the metal. I'm guessing that this might help keep in connected in the future. I placed the ring back on, did another test, and it worked. Had my gf try it, and it worked for her too, first try (after confirming who she was, too lol).

Anyway, I hope this makes it to the top of the thread, or voted up or whatever. Maybe I'll make it all BOLD type so it stands out. Because NOWHERE on the interwebs does this information exist. FitBit likely won't acknowledge it, because it's obviously a poor design, but, they probably fixed future scales so they don't have this issue. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!  ~ RC

Best Answer

Hi,

Mines doing the exact same thing. They measured my body fat the 1st time I used them, and that's it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this thread and suggestion in Oct 2022 after several years of my Aria scale stopped showing the body fat measurement for no apparent reason which was very frustrating. I changed the settings as described and found that this fixed it instantly! Thanks so much @Edinburghwill !!!

NOTE : It seems that the web interface was changed at some point in time and the final all important setting is found in a slightly different location, as follows: 

Go to the Fitbit dashboard on the web

Go to the cog top right

Go to settings

Select your Aria scale from the menu

Select people

Next to “Let people connected to these scales view my Aria” change the setting from “Hide Data” to “Show Data”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, the suggestion to pull batteries and then do five successive weigh-ins is completely useless... as you will see by the hundreds of posts in this thread where people have tried it and it doesn't work. Add me to that list.

Last October it worked on my scale, and as of February this year it no longer does. I'm speculating that the most recent firmware update broke some functionality and Fitbit  aka Google, needs to fix their failure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone. 

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread.

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes