Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App - Original Aria Setup - Network Error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just changed my WiFi networks and wanted to move my 1st Gen Aria scales over. The factory reset of the scales was done and the device was removed from my account. Went to add a devices, chose the Aria scales. The app does show a message to say, "We've discontinues software updates for this device. Certain features may not work as expect." OK so I won't be getting updates, that's not a problem.
I click on the 'Setup' button at the bottom of the page and the app just shows a message, "Network Error." There's no more information or anything to suggest what to do next. Just to be sure that it's not something specific to my phone, this has been tried on another phone with the same result so it does look an app issue. Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just ran into this issue. This link worked for me:

https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having exactly the same issue setting up my Aria.

Best Answer

Just bumping this post, would be grateful if anyone has seen this and can offer suggestions.

Best Answer

Same thing here! Just dug my old Aria out of storage, and spent a little while cleaning out the corroded battery compartments. Unfortunately got the same error message in the Fitbit app when I went to set it up. I tried opening the Aria scale setup under the phone browser instead, but it instructs you to take a battery out for 10 seconds, replace it, and wait for setup mode to start on the other side. Which does not happen, all I get is "STEP ON". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was trying to reset my profile on my Aria and it just disappeared from my account and now I am getting the same error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just ran into this issue. This link worked for me:

good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully you have some control over your newer WiFi router, because one of the reasons support by FitBit has been dropped is that the legacy network chip in the older Aria doesn’t support the newer security profiles and speeds (eg WPA3 or 5Ghz).  You can work around this problem if your router supports multiple connection types like a different one on a guest network where you can downgrade to WPA2 and 2.4Ghz.  Downgrading to lower standards means greater security risk though and perhaps the range will be shorter between the scales and the router.  
The URL listed in the previous response is the best way to configure your scale for a change in the WiFi but will not work with the newest WiFi standards:

I would also store the network name and password from your old router in case it can be reused whenever switching routers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Kevin, that link has worked perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been informed that Fitbit is no longer offering software updates for the Aria smartscale and some functionality may not work....?  Sounds to me they want us all to go out and buy there new bluetooth scale instead.  This is a bunch of BS in my opinion.  If enough people complain maybe they will restore the functionality....

I've gone through every measure and reset every network item on the router gateway and none of it works.....

Anyone else have an opinion or thought?

Best Answer