Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app won't allow view of other users or reassign weigh-ins to others

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the Android app no longer allow me to view who has used my Aria 2 scales?

I used to be able to see my wife's or a guest's weigh0n (time only not weight) had occurred. This was useful when (a) the scales mistook my wife for me or vice versa, or of one of us wasn't recognised and the weigh-in allocated to "Guest".

Now if I'm not recognised by the Aria 2 and the  weigh-in is allocated to "Guest", there is no way of finding that and reassigning it correctly. This is very inconvenient, especially if you don't notice this for several hours.

I'm sure this issue has bveen reported in the forums, but FitBit/Google seem intent on ignoring it. It would be good at least if it was sxplained why it wasn't happening...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AllanJP   This situation isn't specific to the Android app.  This changed happened in iOS and the web dashboard.  I think this change was made because weights weren't as private as Fitbit claims.  If my husband didn't want to share his weight with me, all I had to do was reassign the weight to me, see it, then reassign it back.  Not very private.

My scale has the unnerving habit of saying I'm a guest on my own scale and this happens every two weeks or so.  I always know when it happens because it says GUEST and never shows percent body fat or BMI.  Another user suggested this and it has worked for me every time.  You need an extra 5 minutes or so to do this.

• I weigh myself with socks on
  • I get the head with a question mark icon, the my icon with an X on the left and a check mark on the right
  • I tap the check mark side in the upper part of the scale
  • I weigh myself with socks off and the same thing happens 
  • I weight myself with socks off again, I'm recognized and good for another two weeks
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@AllanJP   This situation isn't specific to the Android app.  This changed happened in iOS and the web dashboard.  I think this change was made because weights weren't as private as Fitbit claims.  If my husband didn't want to share his weight with me, all I had to do was reassign the weight to me, see it, then reassign it back.  Not very private.

My scale has the unnerving habit of saying I'm a guest on my own scale and this happens every two weeks or so.  I always know when it happens because it says GUEST and never shows percent body fat or BMI.  Another user suggested this and it has worked for me every time.  You need an extra 5 minutes or so to do this.

• I weigh myself with socks on
  • I get the head with a question mark icon, the my icon with an X on the left and a check mark on the right
  • I tap the check mark side in the upper part of the scale
  • I weigh myself with socks off and the same thing happens 
  • I weight myself with socks off again, I'm recognized and good for another two weeks
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Sorry - don't consider this an answer. If the Aria 2 scales mis-identify me as a "guest", I want to be able to reassign the "guest" weight to me. Similarly, if the scales get myself and my wife wrong lying identified we want to be able to reassign them.

Why haven't FitBit responded in any way to this?

You mention about weights not being private - when did this become a thing. Users of the same scales should be able to see other users' weights if they mutually agree. The way it now stands is that it seems they want to sell a separate set of scales to each user in a household!

There can be instances where users want to see each others weights. The system should cater for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AllanJP   This is a workaround and not an answer.  I agree.  But I do know that Fitbit is aware of this.  Like you, I'm surprised that this became an issue on a discontinued item. 

I moved the thread to the Aria scale forum.  It's a better fit for the issue.  There is a longer thread in the forum that has moderator input.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having trouble with weights being incorrectly assigned as I've added a third user to my scale and I myself have not been weighed on it in several months so its reference for me is no longer accurate, but I have only just discovered the Recent Weigh In Records have disappeared so I can't sort through them and make corrections. (Very impractical and not thought through.) However, I have an Aria 1, so I don't think I have the ability to chose a profile on the scale itself. I certainly don't get a head icon with options to choose yes or no. What possible options do I have to fix the weight to user assignments as your above suggestion does not work for me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarawithanh  I'm sorry, but I can't help you.  I don't have experience with the original Aria.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes