Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App wont let me add aira just crashes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a versa watch and a aira scales.  I got new Wi-Fi so decided to start again with my weight chart.  I unpaired my aira from the app.  Now on the app I go to set up device.  Then press aira the app crashes and I have to click to restart app so I can not add my aira.

This is actually driving me mad as I have expensive scales I can not use the way I wanted x

Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Did you follow the instructions in the manual?

Best Answer

@GIL5876 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria can't be set up. Since you mentioned that you have a new WiFi network, let me know what is the make and model of your router. Also, make sure that your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed.

@SunsetRunner Thanks a lot for your help my friend!

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Have a galaxy s9 it is totally up to date.  My router was just a straight forward swoop for a faulty one so that's all fine.  I go to set up a new device.  Press on aira and this message comes straight on my screen so it doesn't even let me look for the aira.Screenshot_20190110-152245_Fitbit.jpg

Who can I contact for help?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GIL5876 Thank you for getting back and providing a screenshot of the app. Please make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article. Make sure also to select the instructions of the correct Aria model.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue trying to help my mom connect to my aria scale. The aria itself is functioning perfectly, connected to wifi just fine, syncing to my account on my phone just fine. When I go on my mom's galaxy j3 to try to connect her fitbit account to the same aria scale, I go to the account tab, click "set up a device", and then when I click on the aria, that same message shown in the screenshot shared above shows and the app crashes. It says something along the lines of "fitbit keeps stopping" and the two options are to shut down the app or send an error report to google play. Selecting other devices does not appear to have this effect, we accidentally clicked the charge 2 and it took us to a set up page for the charge 2 without crashing. We tried restarting the app, restarting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it still crashes every single time the aria is selected on the "set up a device" menu. It doesnt even get to the set up part, and the aria scale we're trying to connect to is already successfully set up anyway, so the article giving instructions for how to set up the aria isn't really relevant to my situation with my mom.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kairaya Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry about the difficulties you've experienced when trying to add your mother to your Aria scale. In this case, you need to set up your Aria scale on your Fitbit account. After this, in order to add more users to your scale, you need to send them an invitation.

Please follow the steps that are listed in this help article, which explains how to add people to your Aria scale.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked, thank you! Also, before I saw this reply we tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app on my mom's phone a second time, and after that it did let us click to set up the aria. It was already set up on my account, so we didnt need to set it up again, but now I have been able to send her the invite from the help article you linked

Best Answer

@Kairaya That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes