Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 WiFi Band 2.4GHz

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

So I've had my Aria 2 scales for probably 18 months now. They're great. I had massive issues setting them up originally. My internet connection (Virgin Media Hub 3) supports 2.4 ad 5.0 GHz and was set to allow both. I really struggled to get it working and in the end I blanket set my hub to 2.4 GHz only and that solved the issue. 

I've now moved home and I'm having a look at a better solution for this. I'd like devices that can use 5.0 GHz to do so as it brings speed benefits. 

Here's the weird thing. You'd expect 2.4 GHz devices such as the Aria 2 to work when the Hub is set to 2.4 AND 5.0 GHz. Nope. You'd expect when I create two separate WiFi networks, one for 2.4 and one for 5.0 and connect the Aria 2 to the 2.4 one that it would work. Nope. I only have this issue with the Aria 2 and it's a pain. If it would just flick over to 2.4 GHz that would be ideal. Has anybody else had similar issues? It makes no sense. Clearly the issue was caused by its need for 2.4 GHz, but why wouldn't it connect when it had both available?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Not sure why you are experiencing that problem, @Danny-r. I have my WiFi set to support both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz, and the Aria 2 has had no problems connecting to the network. The only time I had problems with it was when I initially set up Aria 2 I had to move it close to the router in order to get it to connect. Once it was connected, the scale was moved to the bedroom at the far end of the house and it has never lost contact.

Best Answer
0 Votes