Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 and family account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can the new family account function be used with the Aria 2 to log the weights of my kids? I have set up an account for each of them but cannot find a way to accept the request from the Aria 2 to link them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Saumetree  Children cannot be added to the Aria 2 through the Family Account.  Please read the reply by @KateFitbit in this thread on the same topic.

Since there is a feeling of "Why not?", when the scale can weigh a child accurately, I am going to go out on a limb.  In the US, the information that is collected has to be compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.  The way that an Aria 2 collects and manages data for adults in the digital world is not compliant with the law protecting children.

I have not seen a kid view of a dashboard to see if it has a weight tile.  If there is a weight tile, I don't know of any reason why your child cannot use the scale, but weight needs to logged manually.  Fitbit does say that it is not intended for children under age 13.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Saumetree  Children cannot be added to the Aria 2 through the Family Account.  Please read the reply by @KateFitbit in this thread on the same topic.

Since there is a feeling of "Why not?", when the scale can weigh a child accurately, I am going to go out on a limb.  In the US, the information that is collected has to be compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.  The way that an Aria 2 collects and manages data for adults in the digital world is not compliant with the law protecting children.

I have not seen a kid view of a dashboard to see if it has a weight tile.  If there is a weight tile, I don't know of any reason why your child cannot use the scale, but weight needs to logged manually.  Fitbit does say that it is not intended for children under age 13.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I have to say I don't think this is an acceptable solution.  All I want to do is label the guest weighins.  Maybe this should be under feature requests, but all Fitbit knows is my child's weight.  It would be a convenience to me to be able to label the weigh I've.  The family account option doesn't work and is silly because my children are too young to be messing with a device.  I want to track their weight as their patent.

Best Answer

@ParallaxView thank you for joining us in this thread. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Regarding your request, you can submit your idea in our Feature Suggestion board and people can vote for it. The more votes your idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers and developers.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before I knew you could not add aria 2 to a child account, I sent the unvite. Now I cannot delete the invite, or send any othe aria 2 unvites to set up new users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason I can’t get to the thread with Kate’s answer in do posting my views here. If this is to do with child protection under US law then why not make accessible to the rest of the world? No need to penalise us all. In this age of child obesity and rife eating disorders keeping an eye in your child’s weight is an essential parental responsibility. We have invested in Fitbit products for all the family and now an aria air, to replace our previous family weighing scale. So I am somewhat aggrieved it doesn’t allows me to monitor their weight through the app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bongalonga and welcome to the Help forums.  I mentioned the US law.  I am in the US, so I know the most about our laws.  Many countries have their own child online protection laws.  I believe it is the GDPR in the EU.

I agree that you have a right to aggrieved about the Aria Air and the family account.  The Aria Air is set up in the app.  It syncs different from the Aria/Aria 2.  There is a Feature Suggestion asking for the Aria scales to the family account.  You should vote for it and leave a specific comment about the Aria Air.

I also tried the link in my previous post.  I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes