Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 body fat percentage increased

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason my weight goes down but the fat percentage has gone up by 8% since first weigh in last week.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Ecaterina welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Aria 2 since the body fat percentage has increased.

Please restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row. Make sure that your Aria 2 is placed on a hard surface and you stand on it barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this too!  It's what I came on here to inquire about.  I've weighed myself 3 times this week, the weight has gone down but the body fat percent has gone up.  Doesn't make any sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may be happening because you are sweating, and losing water weight. Percentages of other elements change when one element changes. I just wish that the scale would have included a water weight or hydration calculation so that people don't freak out (like I did ) when my fat percentage shot through the roof after heavy cardio at the end of the week.Smiley Happy  

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine does the same thing, always has and removing the batteries and weighing myself five times did not fix it, have no explanation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could understand this in this instance, but I weigh myself first thing in the morning before food or activity and weight loss = bf% up

Best Answer
0 Votes