Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 changing ‘Target Weight’ on the App Nukes your progress.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This issue has been on the Fitbit app for as long as I have had an Aria scales. If you ever adjust the target weight, the app unilaterally decides to measure your weight loss from that moment you input a new target weight.

For example, if your target is to lose 1 stone and you get close to your target and wish to adjust your target lower to lose 1 stone 7lb, the app will go from showing you are a few pounds from your target wiping all of your progress, and display the distance to your adjusted target and that you have now lost zero. Which is idiotic.

You can’t keep your old starting point or even manually adjust it to wherever the start of your weight loss/gain journey was. The start date and the target weight are two variables that move and should be editable without nuking all of your progress.

This is such an simple thing for Fitbit to get right but they have failed and is part of the reason I have moved most of my metrics over to Garmin. If you ever make this change it will be appreciated. Cheers.

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0