Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 doesn't connect to WPA3 wifi

Hello!
My beloved Aria hadn't been syncing for the last 18 days. After weighting a small "x" was appearing under the wifi symbol.
I thought the batteries were gone, but when I checked them with the voltmeter they were fine.

I backtracked my activities and remembered I have recently updated my router firmware and updated the security to WPA3. I reverted the security to WPE2, weighted myself, and the Aria synced immediately, no problem.

I prefer to not run WPA2 long term as the router I'm about to buy doesn't support it at all.

The Aria runs firmware v39. I hope WPA3 makes it in the next software version.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @nmanolov and welcome to the Community.  The Aria 2 was discontinued in August 2020.  It's very rare for Fitbit to release device firmware more that two years after being discontinued, unless it is a security patch.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is there a way to connect the Aria 2 to a new Wi-Fi network? I recently changed Wi-Fi services. I can’t see anything in the current app that allows us to restart our setup and connection to a Wi-Fi router. I’ve also tried connecting from a regular web browser, but no luck there either. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue. Cannot find help:-(

Best Answer
0 Votes