Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 inaccurate body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently completed an in-depth bio metrics analysis using a BodPod, the most accurate commercial analysis on the market, and learned I had 17% body fat. The Aria 2 tells me I have 29.5% body fat. I am a fitness instructor and muscular body type and believe the first number is more accurate. Is anyone else having this same issue? Or does my Aria 2 need to be returned?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
251 REPLIES 251

Adela,

Both BMI calculations appear off. First off, anyone 5' 7" 130 lbs should
come in about 20.

My daughter is your size. You're tiny. Don't fall for the BMI numbers.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the BMI is showing correct. It’s the body fat percentage that is showing 32%. Anything above 30% fat is considered obese.

Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it, I was mixing up the two calculations. I'm 6'2" BMI 23 & Body Fat
12.9 179.60lbs

I think my Renpho scale is fairly accurate.

25> is considered overweight. I'm thinking, who are they measuring stick
people?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mind is showing at 37%. Completely inaccurate!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is just a bad product, mine is 42,9%. No matter how many times I reset it.
I am around 21%

I wish I knew this product was so much crap and the service is so bad at the beginning. Next time buy something cheaper, other brands have less problems the fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! That’s a huge discrepancy! I agree tho I could’ve gotten a $40 scale instead.

Best regards,

Best Answer

Indeed, I purchased a Renpho from Amazon for $35.00 and absolutely loved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been measuring my body fat percentage less than 25% for months. We changed internet providers so I had to update the scales. Now it’s saying that I’m over 38% body fat. Wrong! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's crazy!

I use a RenPho scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im getting wildly inaccurate BF% readings too. It’s really damaging to your mental state and willingness to continue pushing. 

I had a cheap scales for ten years before this that measured perfectly so a little disgusted I’m now stuck with this 130€ dud. 

I'm 6 foot 3 at 89.5 kgs and extremely athletic. Theres no way in hell my body is harbouring almost 22% BF. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yep, I agree Fitbit needs to refund everyone that purchased the scale! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know what you mean. It’s very demoralizing. I keep getting leaner and leaner, loss an inch in my waist and my body fat goes higher. I’m 5’7”, 130 lbs and it tells me I’m morbidly obese at 33% body fat. It’s a joke. Waste of money.
I’m also starting to notice huge discrepancy’s in the Versa 2 watch. I did an hour of hot yoga and worked my butt off and it told me my heart rate was below target in the blue zone for most of the class. Yet I was in the red zone.

Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is amazing fitbit has such flawed products. I guess the technology just isn’t available yet to give ppl accurate information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
this may sound stupid but try this. geta temporary wireless access point
and set up with a different SSID or change the SSID on your AP. Take the
batteries out of the scale and reset the and reconnect the scale to your
WIFI. It worked for me once. Other solutions I have heard work is to
change your gender in the web app and weigh yourself a few times and then
change your gender back. sometimes that works. don't ask me why LOL
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve noticed the inaccuracies in the heart rate as well. I may take a look at the Apple Watch. However, it may be no better.

Best regards,
-Michael

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

True, plus I wanted a fitness tracker, not a smart watch. That’s why I chose a FitBit and not an Apple
Watch. There’s other nice features I like but theees definitely room for improvement.

Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll try it. Thanks!

Best regards,
-Michael

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been a Fitbit customer for more years than I can count. I have owned half a dozen watches, both of their scales and even had the premium service at one time. Neither of the scales worked right. Eventually they both disconnected from my wireless and never reconnected again. The algorithms they used in their premium software are questionable at best and the current Charge 3 has all kinds of syncing problems. I have no idea why I keep doing business with them. At some point I quit caring that their stuff basically doesn’t work or at least only when it wants to. Both mine and my wife’s Charge 3 will choose not to light up at times and have sat dead for days only to be picked up and start working again. My current scale will weigh you, but that’s about all it is good for. It won’t connect to the wireless and the body fat keeps going up and down randomly. And, that is only my short list. Next time my watch craps out I am moving on.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

No way, your levels should be in an athlete range approximately 7 - 12 percent! 

You're right "Wildly inaccurate".

Sorry to hear you guys having issues with your watches and scales. I think the watches have a limited lifecycle. My children started me on my first Fitbit in 2017 and I ended up replacing it in 2020 for a Fitbit 4. It seen to have a longer battery life and sync with my RenPho scale nicely. I hope you guys have better luck in the future.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply... I’ve had my watch and scale for less than a year.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes