Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 inaccurate body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently completed an in-depth bio metrics analysis using a BodPod, the most accurate commercial analysis on the market, and learned I had 17% body fat. The Aria 2 tells me I have 29.5% body fat. I am a fitness instructor and muscular body type and believe the first number is more accurate. Is anyone else having this same issue? Or does my Aria 2 need to be returned?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
251 REPLIES 251

You're welcome. Unfortunately the company has a limited warranty policy. 

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 years later and I have the exact same readings. Using other body fat % measurements, I’m around 18%, but on the Aria 2 I’m +32%. Absolutely useless 

Best Answer

TheBF is useless, they should not be allowed to sell it saying it measures fat it’s a LIE!

it shows 6% and anyone can see I’m around 12-18% no way near anything under 10%.

completely useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally out the setting on “athlete” mode and it brought my reading from 33% to 27% but that still seems off. I did 75 Hard challenge and got so lean I had 6 pack showing and it still gave me 27% reading. Wish I could return this thing and buy an accurate one. 

Best Answer

What a waste. Thanks for your feedback. Have you tried putting the setting on “athlete” mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly tho, considering what we paid, we shouldn’t have to go to such measures to get an accurate reading.  Do I have to do the Hokey Pokey while I stand on it too? LOL Glad that worked for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did an hour of level 2-3 hot yoga and I could feel my heart pounding and my versa 2 told me by heart rate was below range the whole time. So I didn’t even get proper credit for my workout. 

I don’t want an Apple Watch because of the inconvenience of daily charging and I want a fitness tracker not a smart watch. There has to be something better out there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, get rid of it. It’s wrong 😑

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, I've read through all the comments and I am still having substantial issues with my body fat percentage. I'm not super "lean", but today I discovered I am 35% on the InBody scale and 43% on the Aria. I've done all the things: set to lean mode, cleaned it, took out the batteries for 15 sec, weighed myself 5+ times. It varies a little bit but the lowest I've gotten is 42.9%. 

Is this just the best it can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do yourself a favor and toss it off a bridge. It is worthless. The scale does appear to measure weight accurately, just not body fat percentage.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on fitbit a good bit ago. I am not sure how they continue to sell stuff that doesn't work. The charge 5 is tragically bad. I use the scale to weigh myself. I am going to call support one more time regarding the charge 5. After that if it doesn't work I am done with them. I have been a disappointed customer for years. Shame on me I guess.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I have the reverse problem.  I am slim but quite muscular.  The Aria 2 scales tell me I have 5% body fat.  It went up to 5.1% for a week recently.

Frankly, i just don’t believe it.

i asked Fitbit if 5% is the lowest reading the scales give, but couldn’t get a straight answer out of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes