Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 inconsistencies with body fat percentage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using the Aria 2 for quite some time now. When I first started using the scale, it would track me around 24-25% body fat and 125 lbs. All of a sudden, my scale has been telling me I am at 8% body fat which is absolutely not correct. The weight is still accurate, but the body fat percentage is way off all of a sudden.

I have already tried reconnecting to my network, removing the batteries (twice), and disconnecting and reconnecting the scale to my app. 

Please help.

Thank you so much.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Same problem here! 

Best Answer

@darbywebb I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community and I'm happy to see you here @matispf84!

Since your Aria 2 scales are not providing accurate body fat readings, I would like you to try some troubleshooting steps and correct some details. By the way, thank you for trying the workarounds mentioned above before contacting our forums.

Please make sure that your scales are placed on a hard surface and you are standing on them still and barefoot. Also, make sure that your profile settings (weight, height and gender) are correct. If details are already covered, restart and re-calibrate your scales by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourselves 5 times in a row and see if your scales provide more accurate body fat readings.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here on my just arrived Aria2.

Removing batteries and stepping on it 5 times did not work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hankyxxx thank you for joining us in this thread. I'm happy to assist you with your Aria 2 since it's not providing accurate body fat readings either. I appreciate the time spent trying the troubleshooting steps before getting in touch with us.

Please make sure that your Aria 2 is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. Also, check out if your profile settings (height, weight and gender) are correct. If these details are covered, let me know and I'll be glad to proceed and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes