Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not connecting to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently moved and have tried updating my Aria 2 to my new WiFi. I am able to navigate through the app, find my WiFi, and enter the password. The app says connected. The scale displays a check mark. Then when the scale tried to sync it says connection error. My app goes back to the Aria 2 screen and in the WiFi Netwrok column is blank. I have tried removing my scale and re adding it to my account. I have tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in. But always get the sameness outcome. I have updated my app to the most recent version. What else can I do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Char5 @Britt0824 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scales. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. I'd like you to follow the workaround listed in this help article, specifically for the "Connection Error" issue and keep me posted on the outcome.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I'm having the same issue.  My wifi went down overnight recently, and when I re-set the router all my devices reconnected automatically except the scale.  I've tried removing & re-adding it, etc. but I haven't been able to get it working since.  I follow the steps all the way until I select the wifi and enter the network password, and after a minute or so, it tells me it can't connect.

Best Answer

@Char5 @Britt0824 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scales. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. I'd like you to follow the workaround listed in this help article, specifically for the "Connection Error" issue and keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t work for me. My other devices automatically reconnected to the
WiFi with no issues after I rebooted the router.

I did finally find the customer service phone number yesterday and now have
a case open there, but they weren’t able to resolve while I was on the
phone.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Britt0824 Thank you for getting back! I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. However, I was able to reach our Support team and told me that they'll contact you soon in order to follow up and provide a solution.

I appreciate your time and patience with this.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried eleventy ways from Sunday to connect and was ready to give up.  I tried airplane mode turned on, just before swapping the wifi over to my Aria to configure it.  It worked on first try.  I found newer mobile devices will default back to cell data even if networking settings say it shouldn't switch.  Unless it is in airplane mode, it will route the data for the scale to the internet, never to be seen again.  Also when I setup the scale, there was a BMI issue.  My gender was listed as Unspecified.  I tried correcting my gender from Unspecified to Male.  It didn't help at first but when I removed the scale from my account, checked the gender settings (to make sure the setting change didn't unset) and then added the scale back to my account, it worked!  When it gave me a check mark after switching the wifi back to my router, airplane mode went off again.  Easy peas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion!  I just tried this a couple of times, and still had no luck.  I got  the same error message as before that says “This wifi network is not available” after I’ve entered the WiFi password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitness-Daemon Thank you so much for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale connected.

@Britt0824 I would like to follow up on your case and would like to know if our Support team provided a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if you are still dealing with this but I was able to get it to connect after creating a guest wifi account in my modem... Connected to it within 2 seconds...

Best Answer

@meluseath I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share the workaround that you followed in order to connect your Aria 2 connected to your network. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

I am unable to get my Aria 2 to stay connected to my WiFi. It sees it and connects but when it’s time to sync, it loses the WiFi connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. Power went out during a storm, and now my Aria 2 won't connect to my WiFi. All my other devices (including my Versa 2) reconnected automatically just fine, but not the Aria. I've gone through so many threads trying to find a solution but nothing works. I've tried looking for that "connection error" help article that keeps getting posted but clicking on the link takes me to a list of articles and I can't find anything about connection errors specifically. This is all very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I'm also having a problem connecting my Aria 2 to a new wifi network. I pressed the button under the battery cover to put it in pairing mode, but in the app it keeps saying "An error occurred. Please try later." 

Best Answer