Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not connecting to network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit team,

Longtime user of Fitbit trackers and of the Aria scale.  

To illustrate my patience, my scale has been offline since October when I upgraded my internet to Xfinity and am using their modem/router.  All that time has been spent researching connection issues to make my Aria scale connect to my wireless network.

I finally gave up and purchased the Aria 2 scale with the expectation that its connection software must surely have been upgraded to be consistent with current industry and retail user standards.  The idea of technology being obsolete in a year or two was now my expectation.  

I bought this new scale with the expectation that within 10 minutes of opening the package I would be successfully connected and back in business using Fitbit's products and linked software.  I was wrong.

You see, I have a problem.  Not that Xfinity creates modem/routers that don't work well with Fitbit products.  Or even that Fitbit creates products that won't work with the current offering of a very large retail service provider.  No, my problem lies in the far too effective control and restriction of the only narrative that many of us have available and have to rely upon.  My opinion is that Fitbit as a corporation has sacrificed general decent moral and ethical behavior by limiting, obfuscating and obstructing reasonable information to make a reasoned decision on whether to participate in a commercial transaction with them.

What the Fitbit corporation has done has pushed me and others into the knife edged decision of whether your products and services are worth the cost.  After the 10 minutes I gave Fitbit to have corrected the situation with my expenditure of another $125 scale, you have sacrificed my trust.  I'm out and can't see my way to coming back after this deception.  And please, don't insult me by asking me to address this with the support personnel.  Any trip through these forums will illustrate that dead end and I can't afford the wasted time.  Good bye.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced while trying to connect your Aria 2 to your Xfinity router. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback.

Our team is currently looking into this and once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced while trying to connect your Aria 2 to your Xfinity router. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback.

Our team is currently looking into this and once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SunsetRunner. I almost went out and got a Aria 2 scale thinking the newer scale would be able to see the xfinity WiFi. Your post saved me the time and frustration to continue down this path.

Best Answer
0 Votes