Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not providing accurate body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The quick skinny: 

Don't buy this scale, unless you are not serious about your results.  

The details:

As with my Fitbit Alta HR (which was replaced for free, with the same horrible results), the Aria scales are wildly inaccurate and completely unreliable.  The weighing feature works just fine.  I still have, and use the scale.  I mean, I bought it, and surely I am not going to recover my investment into this poor product, so I continue to use it as a scale.  It's the BMI feature that is worthless.  Since i have gotten the scale, the BMI consistently reads between 28-32% for both myself and my girlfriend, putting us into the obesity category.  Neither of us are anywhere near obese and have had our BMI tested by real professionals, resulting in 16% and 21%, respectively.  As you can determine by many of the actual unbiased reviews on the net, this is a common issue for these scales.  

The worst part about this company, is their refusal to accept reality.  They are a marketing company, and that's it.  They've done an excellent job of making a name for themselves, and networked and cajoled their way into enough "independent" review sites to create the illusion of quality.  The reality is that their products or more toys, than tools.  My Alta HR never once read my heart rate above 125.  Tested side x side with another HR monitor, the results were proven to be wildly inaccurate.  As stated previously, Fitbit sent me a new one after I complained, and it provided the same poor results.  Given my experience with the Alta HR, I didn't even bother to complain to Fitbit about my poor results with their scale.  I just accepted that Fitbit products should not be taken seriously, and moved on with my life.  

I applaud the company for being apart of the movement to get the masses to be more conscious of their activity level.  Unfortunately their bark is much louder than their bite, and those who are concerned with functionality over popularity should look elsewhere for reliable fitness tools.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@TerrysTown It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced with your Aria scale. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

I'd like to turn that bad experience into a good experience. If you haven't done so, please restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if the body fat percentage is more accurate.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not interested in "resetting" anything.  I have already gone down this road with your company regarding my Alta HR product.  You can save your canned responses with absolutely zero substance for the next guy.  I will never again purchase or use a Fitbit product.  That bridge has been burned.  

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerrysTown I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Fitbit products. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes