Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not tracking body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem that has been reported before. I've tried all of the suggestions mentioned but still the same result.

Weight and bmi shows but body fat just shows --%

if I look in the app it says the same --% but if I look in the webversion (fitbit.com) it shows date, weight but body fat shows "hidden".

i tried to attach a screenshot but failed, it's here if you want to see it: https://imgur.com/a/rfYfd

why does it think it needs to be hidden?, BF% is turned on in the app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I'm having the same issue.  I used the original Aria for years, weighing myself daily and was able to get body fat readings without any issue.  I just upgraded to the Aria 2 and I cannot get the body fat reading to work.  The scale shows just % and in my profile it says HIDDEN.  It's not user error -- clearly, there is a software issue here in the profile.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OrchidBeth @SedentaryRunner @TooTalls I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scales are working properly now.

@Tillskott I'd like to know if you found your purchase receipt and our Support team provided a solution.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
I followed troubleshooting steps to weight myself 5 consecutive times.  The body fat % did show after that.  However,  it does not work consistently.  One day it will show, then next day it will not.  A new behavior has been introduced where it sometimes will not recognize me and it saves my weigh-in under GUEST.  I am on the only one that uses the scale and I use it on a clean, hard, flat surface.  I never experienced this behavior using the original Aria.        
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked one day then ever since it has not worked. I tried pulling the batteries again and it did not work. Been using the scale daily and just get —%

It work for one day then has been broken since. Used it every day and just get - -%

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SedentaryRunnerI have tried pulling the batteries for 30 seconds, like you mentioned,  and it still didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TooTalls Thank you for getting back! Since you mentioned that your Aria 2 is recognizing you as "Guest" sometimes, please check out this help article which explains why your scale may not recognize your user and contains some tips to fix it.

@SedentaryRunner @OrchidBeth Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your cases to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You guys should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have been having this same issue with my Aria 2 since September. It just shows “—% for BF. So there appear to be no viable solution or suggestion for this issue...even though it affects many? All “suggestions” have been followed with no results. As mentioned, this is clearly a software issue and needs to be fixed.

I’m on my 4th personal Fitbit wearable and 2nd Aria scale  Aria 1 stopped connecting to WiFi and no sustainable solutions from Fitbit could fix and one flaw with Aria 2. Why can’t you guys put same quality into scale as wearables? Need a real, sustainable solution not constant “remove battery” replies. 

Best Answer

@L-Trane Thank you for joining us in this thread! Thank you also for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. Before I proceed accordingly, please let me know if your Aria 2 is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it still and barefoot.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the update, everything works now 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, of course and yes, of course.

It seems like every 10th time I step on it, I will get a % but it is clearly inconsistent, random and rare. I step on and off the same way each and every time the scale and, like the Aria 1 I had to replace because it would no longer connect to WiFi, is in the exact same location since unboxing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tillskott I'm so glad to hear that your Aria 2 is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@L-Trane Thank you for getting back! I'll send your case to our Customer Support team so they can follow up and assist you accordingly since the issue persists after you performed all the recommended troubleshooting steps. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you guys have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@763lifegiving Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the issues you've experienced with your Aria 2. Thank you by the way for trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Please monitor your scale for the next 48 hours and if the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

In the meantime, make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also encounter this problem, I weighed myself two hours ago and got no problem. Now a guest measured himself and it keeps on giving -%. Reset it as well, isn't this some sort of bug @Fitbit ?

For some reason, this happens mostly when Guests use my Aria 2...

Fitbit aria.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BramG I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard. By the way, thank you for restarting your Aria 2 before contacting our forums.

If you haven't done so, please re-calibrate your scale by weighing yourself 5 times in a row. Just make sure that your Aria is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

If the issue persists after re-calibrating your Aria 2, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done this very thing no fewer than 30 times with no charge. Is this the only suggestion?

Best Answer

@L-Trane Due to the fact that the issue persists and you've exhausted the recommended troubleshooting steps, please reply to the last email that our Support team sent to you since they'll be happy to assist you accordingly and follow up on your case.

I'll be around if you have any doubts! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone get a fix to this issue? I also had an Aria that worked fine and now after upgrading to Aria 2, all my body fat measurements are hidden. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same problem, I bought the new Fitbit Aria Air three weeks ago. It has worked fine. But for the past week it hasn’t been measuring my body fat. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my husband's Charge 2.  It shows the body fat@ but not the BMI.  I will try to follow the directions and unhid it..  

Regards, 

XrayTech57

Best Answer

Looks like this issue has been going on for a couple of years.  I have the same issue as others are reporting.  Occasionally, about once every month or two it gives a body fat reading the rest of the time it is __% when it reads a percent it shows on my phone app.  I have been tracking weight and body fat % since June 2016.  In about November 2019 it stopped working correctly.

Best Answer