Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not tracking body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem that has been reported before. I've tried all of the suggestions mentioned but still the same result.

Weight and bmi shows but body fat just shows --%

if I look in the app it says the same --% but if I look in the webversion (fitbit.com) it shows date, weight but body fat shows "hidden".

i tried to attach a screenshot but failed, it's here if you want to see it: https://imgur.com/a/rfYfd

why does it think it needs to be hidden?, BF% is turned on in the app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I just bought and set up my scale a couple days ago. First reading that pulled up on my phone was my current weight with my body fat % from 6 years ago. I know this was inaccurate because I have gained 30lbs since then. 
mad of today. It does not show body fat % at all. 
please help would hate to have to send it back. Love the look of the scale. 

Best Answer

Hey everybody I think I found a fix idk, I tired this once so far and it worked for me just wanna see for everyone else. Go to account in the app and then device and unbind your scale. After you have done that re pair it with bluetooth and go to home screen, then try weighing your self. Hope this works for you, give me feed back on how it goes 😄

Best Answer

@Guyson Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I also appreciate the time spent by sharing the workaround that helped you to get the issue resolved.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you around! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the Aria 2 scale showing --%. Shows "hidden" on the site with no option to change. I happened to still have my old Aria 2 scale and powered it up and connected, and guess what? That scale also shows --%, so this has to be some kind of software or account issue. Also, I have tried all of the previous methods to get the scale to work with no luck. So, I went ahead and got a Wyze scale which is so much better anyway. It even tracks visceral fat.

Best Answer

@bubba_jank Thank you for joining us in this thread. I totally understand how you feel about the body fat tracking issue that your Aria 2 has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an awfully long time to not have found a fix. Someone in the relevant department should really be doing daily tests until the problem appears and then try to remedy the issue. It's it sensor related or software. It's just really poor that fitbit don't seem to know the cause of the problem. My scales were a gift chosen through a work scheme, so proving purchase would be very difficult. Unfortunately I'm stuck with an almost redundant product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my scale also is not reading bf anymore, just says --% and hidden on the web app. I'm trying to re-pair my scale. However when re-pairing it says that it requires a 4 digit pairing code which I have no idea where to find. Any help would be much apreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind, paired it. But still getting no body fat reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having the same issues with regards to BF% showing "Hidden" on the Dashboard. My last consistent set of readings were measured beginning of February. Tried the whole batteries out and reset thing, worked for 2 readings and now back to nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get this. So I'm essentially out of the fitbit ecosystem now. Deleted the watch from my account and tried the scales, gathering dust under the sofa. The scales not only remembered me, but started to show my body fat again.

My girlfriend, who sadly I dumped the fitbit garbage on, since using the watch, can't get body fat readings. Deleted the watch, and the scales once again started to read body fat.

It's a new watch. The old one did the same thing. Figured we should disconnect the scales from the WiFi and watch and use as standalone. It worked. Bodyfat readings all day long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes