Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 provided different weight and body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I weighed myself using the Aria 2 yesterday, my total weight was 196.8 lbs and my body fat percentage was 41.4%, which seemed pretty consistent with the percentage I get when I see the dietitian. But I weighed myself today and found that while my total weight hadn't changed at all, my body fat percentage went down to 36.3%. Is it just me or is that a bit drastic of a change when I haven't lost or gained any weight since yesterday?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @EloenTheDruid, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the inaccurate weight and body fat percentage readings that your Aria 2 has shown, I'd like you to re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if it provides consistent weight and body fat percentage readings.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo,

If I could post a screenshot I would, so a manual list will have to do. I took out the batteries, waited over 15 seconds, and put them back in. I weighed myself 7 times in a row and got the following results:

• 197 lbs, 36.3% BF
  • 2nd weigh in was identical
  • 196.8 lbs, 36.5% BF
  • 197.1 lbs, 36.5% BF
  • 197 lbs, 36.5% BF
  • 196.8 lbs, 36.4% BF
  • 7th weigh in was identical to the last one

It seems a lot more consistent than before so that's good, but is it normal to see small variations of this kind after recalibrating?

Also, if you happen to know what the third number is that shows up when weighing myself (after weight and BF%), that would be helpful too! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes