Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 says it can't connect.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria2 for some reason says it can't connect. Now I did a reset on it to try and fix it and it still says it can't connect. Also, it doesn't show up on my Bluetooth paired devices. Yet it showed just fine up until today.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Newfitkitty It's good to see you around.

I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Aria 2, thanks for every step tried prior to posting. While your scale was connected before, could you check if your router meets the requirements described here? If that's correct, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Restart your Aria 2 by removing the batteries for 15 seconds and inserting them back.
  4. Place it on a hard-flat surface next to the router.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Select your Aria 2 and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for responding. I seemed to have figured out why (because I did those steps and nothing.) A couple of days after posting this I was letting my device update the apps and this time the fitbit app was on the list of updates and so a thought occurred to me and I updated the app (and this was after the scale had the same trouble as usual.) once the app updated I stood on my scale and IT WORKED! At first I thought it had to be a coincidence. Since it syncs through the wifi. So, the next time that it did the same connection problem I checked my google play for a certain app and sure enough the fitbit app needed updating. I updated it and stood on the scale and the scale worked like how it should!

Best Answer

Hi @Newfitkitty. It's nice to see you again.

You're welcome! Thanks to you for keeping me posted and I'm glad you sorted this out. I hope you keep enjoying the Fitbit experience with your Aria 2 and in case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board. In there you can share your story, meet more people and find great tips, as well as encouragement from other members to live a healthy lifestyle.

Have a good one! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes