Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 scale won't go into set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ive tried everything, taking batteries out all night, for 10seconds, pressing the little white button, nothing works. It just starts get half way through the v.27.2 and the screen goes blank. To say i am annoyed is an understatement £120 on scales that wont even connect is a joke. Ive also tried on my mac and iphone any ideas before I return them?

Thanks for any help

Abby

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Abby2303 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the setup difficulties you've experienced with your Aria 2. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. I appreciate the time spent trying the recommended troubleshooting steps before contacting our forums.

Please make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

BUY A EUFY SCALE!!!!  I got one on sale 50% off, $20 on amazon (Eufy Smart Scale C1 is the newest one).  It directly zaps your reading into Fitbit, just like the Aria is supposed to do, but for twenty dollars!!!!  This issue with Aria will never be fixed!  I had an the original Aria, and it never connected.  I used it as a regular scale for years (quite an expensive regular scale). I bought the Aria 2 thinking...of course they've fixed the issue by now, years later....NOPE.  I had bought another $120 scale, only to have it still not connect.  As I googled for the fix, I saw tons of complaints....with no real solutions.  I then bought the Eufy scale, returned the Aria2. Cannot believe that I went all those years with that Aria not doing it's job.  EUFY IS THE BOMB.  It monitors so many more stats (not that I need them all, but in case you're interested)  And I can't say it enough...$20!!!. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears as though they have a new firmware update. My new Aria 2 couldn't keep the WiFi connection, kept dropping. The new firmware may have fixed your problem - give it a shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the same issue.

27.2 and then the aria 2 goes black. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The following probably applies solely to people who have already set up the scale once, and where this is happening after the user attempts to do a factory reset...

After doing some reading, removing the scale from the user profile (within the app) was supposed to resolve it.

But, it didn't actually work the first few times I tried it. So I called Tech Support, worried that I had bricked my wife's scale.

A very helpful person from Tech Support was able to look, and noticed that while I *had* deleted the scale from my wife's profile (she is the 'owner' and I was just invited to it), I had neglected/forgotten to delete the scale from *my* profile!

So I went into my Fitbit app, and also deleted the scale from my profile (d'oh!).

Only then was I was able to do a 'full' factory reset, and the scale came up 'like new' (i.e. like it did the very first time we unboxed it).

So, the moral of the story is... don't forget to delete the scale from any and every attached profile first, as that may be why it's not going into setup mode after a factory reset.

Best Answer

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jake.

I changed the batteries and wi-fi network at the same time and after finding your post it worked straight away.

Best Answer
0 Votes