Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 shows exclamation point during set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I bought an Aria 2 Scale second hand (looked like it wasn't used, still in the box and everything) and was able to get it to sync up with my phone and connect to the internet. Then when I tried to weigh myself, it was about 30lbs off. My old scale is accurate to the doctor's scale, so I know the aria scale was off.

I read on another post that factory resetting the scale might fix the problem, so I removed it off my app, took the batteries out for 15 seconds and I pushed the button for 10 seconds, and then put the batteries back in, and when I turned it over there was an exclamation point, which I read was a hardware error. I tried resetting the scale again, this time pushing the button after I put the batteries back in and I got the same thing.

I'd there any hope in getting this scale to work? Or did I just buy a dud? ☹️

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Kysarkel000. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well for every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced and before anything else, verify if the router's frequency setting is 802.11b/g/n under 2.4GHz, and the scale is within 8 feet from your router.

Once that is done, please give a try to the following:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app on your phone.
  3. Restart your scale by removing the batteries for 15 minutes and inserting them again.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Aria 2.
  5. Place the scale in Setup mode by pressing the button at the back for around 3 seconds and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale just died today. I thought it was the batteries and changed them. Now when I put the new batteries in, I get an exclamation point for a few seconds then nothing. I’ve cleaned all the contacts to no avail.

Best Answer

Hi @Jdlrnkk, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting. While this is odd, it might be that your scale isn't paired to your Fitbit account which explains why you're getting that screen. Because your post didn't mention, I'd suggest you to give a try to the troubleshooting steps described above to reconnect your scale to the Fitbit app. Once you see a check mark, please try using it to track your weight and check if your data is syncing correctly.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, put in the batteries get an exclamation point and then the screen goes black. Pushing the button for 3-10 seconds doesn't do anything. I unpaired it from my phone and tried setting it up, but the scale is not responding.

Best Answer

Hi @Pilatus19. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details, as well as trying the suggestions posted above. I'm sorry your Aria 2 isn't responding and given this situation, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share the steps you've tried so far.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes