Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 vs Aria Air?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Aria 2 and the Aria Air?  I read the press release from investor.fitbit.com and a few different articles on websites and I can't seem to find the difference.  They both use BT, they both measure BMI.  Why is one half the price of the other?  

TIA!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @phatRik! Aria 2 automatically syncs through WiFi and measures body fat (BMI is just a calculation). Aria Air will have to be manually synced with your app via Bluetooth and cannot measure body fat, it will just tell you your BMI based on your account. It's basically a slimmed down version of the scale.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi, @phatRik! Aria 2 automatically syncs through WiFi and measures body fat (BMI is just a calculation). Aria Air will have to be manually synced with your app via Bluetooth and cannot measure body fat, it will just tell you your BMI based on your account. It's basically a slimmed down version of the scale.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

So it's just an overpriced scale that can "automatically" write the numbers in your app? What's the benefit?

Best Answer

The Aria 2 can tell you your body fat percentage. So say you’ve been working out and dieting but you gained weight rather than losing it. Using Aria 2 can show you that you lost body fat, but gained muscle. Helpful for some people, others couldn’t care less. But that’s the difference. Aria air doesn’t tell you your body fat percentage. 

Best Answer

Well the Aria has a historically crappy wifi solution so not sure its worth the difference for wifi. 

Best Answer

Drewesq,

That was the original Aria scale manufactured with a pretty much obsolete wireless spec. Didn't Fitbit inherit that product from another company? I have recently purchased the Aria2 scale and there is no comparison the wireless setup just work and has been rock solid. Also I have not had any issues with the battery life. My Fitbit dashboard is still showing a full battery after a couple of months. I do leave them in the same position though on a level stone floor. I think if you keep moving them they recalibrate each time and that probably uses up battery power.

Best Answer

In general my issue with quick drained batteries was actually to clean the glass surface very well and to use compessed air and/or vaccum cleaner to clean the "feet" of the scale from any home collected dust and fine particles ... that resolved any isues with my Aria 1 😉

Cheers

Fan since Charge HR ...
Best Answer

My issues are with the wifi. I can not sync my daily weights.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Maybe the air is a semi good faith effort to make up for the fact that the aria for $150 was a crappy design that fails after 2 years because of a two cent plastic piece that fitbit refuses to replace or even acknowledge.  Seriously bad experience 

Best Answer

Although I'm a big fan of Fitbit. But that only applies to the fitness trackers. But not the scales.

Your question will be answered in my comparison between Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air. There you will find all differences and my opinion or recommendation.

wearing charge 3
Best Answer

Yea. Now I feel like I got ripped off.

Best Answer
Spoiler
The body fat calculation on this scale has always been way off.  My son and I were within 10 pounds of each other. My bf was showing as 43% (really?!) and his 24....I gained 10 lbs and now the scale wasn’t sure whether I was him or me.   I accidentally said I was him, and it told me my bf was 24.....
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a Disappointed Customer... I have to agree.... I acquired few of these expensive scales: Aria ; Aria 2; it's just frustrating to have it working with the WiFi and not accurate as it's claimed to be! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm shopping and it looks same version of their Aria hardware, sold by other vendors, which is coming out China is priced in some case down to less than $30.00 USD. So why paying all this much money to FitBit for their crappy Aria when not even their crappy Aria connection applications works... 😞

Best Answer

I'm glad I've read this post I'm still in my 30 day return window with Amazon. 😕

Best Answer

😞 joining the "I feel ripped off" club. 

Best Answer

I am returning my air. There are better cheaper scales with body fat % included. I don’t know why fitbit included a bmi and bf% on the display if we can’t use it.

Best Answer

The Aria 2 has WiFi and the Aria Air does not have WiFi. The Aria Air only shows BMI, not body fat percentage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, since some of you feel the need to comment about something you don't own, let me state that I own the Aria 2 and it works flawlessly (I've had it for quite a while).  The Wifi always works and yes, it may not seem like much but having it automatically populate to your Fitbit app is very nice and it can also track more than one scale user.  Whether you actually use BMI or not, it's nice to have simply because it's another indicator of whether you're going in the right direction.  No, I don't think the Aria Air is worth the price of admission.  Typical story - you get what you pay for.

Versa 2, Flex 2, Sense, Apple Watch 6
Best Answer

I would echo what Connie said. I actually have the Aria 1 and the wifi works on my eero mesh network fine. (And it's worked on many other networks throughout the years). I feel like the weight fluctuates as expected as long as it's on a firm level surface (ie: not in tile groves) and I stand on it in an even way. Getting to see my weight go up and down over the course of the last eight years is both a blessing and a curse 🙂 

Best Answer