Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 weight measurement are way off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my aria 2 has been very consistent. I weigh in every morning around the same time aldehyde right before I get in the shower. This morning the scale showed a 50 lb drop. I tried recalibration it but it’s still way off. I stepped on it 11 times and the weight varied by 40lbs and never got within 20lbs of my actual weight. Fresh batteries didn’t seem to make a difference either.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @jlevin75, welcome on board. It's nice to see a new member around!

Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Aria 2, and I'm sorry that it stopped showing consistent readings. You've done a fantastic job with the troubleshooting steps, let's work on this together. There are a few factors that may affect your scale's accuracy, such as not placing it on a hard-flat surface, or if your personal information is incorrect in the Fitbit app.

That being said, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon.
  3. Tap your name > Personal Stats and verify that your height and weight are correct.
  4. Weigh yourself 5 times in a row making sure your scale recognizes you.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LizzyFitbit.  I tried your steps but still the scale was off by 20-30lbs.

Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden the scale was back to normal again. No idea why it went out of whack for a week but glad it’s right again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jlevin75, I'm glad to see you again.

Thanks for keeping me updated, as well for trying the steps from my post. I believe your scale wanted to play around, but I'm glad that everything is working! Let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Catch you later! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since June I have been weighing myself every morning and have been consistently losing weight, this morning when I weighed myself I was 10 pounds heavier.  I am now afraid that I haven't actually lost any weight and am feeling very discouraged!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lhowe, welcome on board. It's great to see a new member around, and I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I understand how important is to see the correct information recorded by your scale, and be sure that I'll help you out. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend to try the steps posted above. If you notice any discrepancy after doing those steps, don't hesitate to reply.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes