Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So having difficulties connecting my new Aria 2 to Wifi.

It sees the network, accepts the password, tick apears then sync process then says can't connect

I have tried the following:-

• Reseting Router
  • Trying a different router
  • Trying a wifi extender
  • Changing from WPA to WPA-2 personal to WEP
  • Changing to a simple wifi password
  • Changing mode from 802.11 b/g/n mixed to g/n mixed to n only
  • My DHCP table shows it as having an IP and lease
  • banging head against wall
  • praying to the various gods and minor dieties
  • asking my two year old for technical advice

What is my next step? Is this a firmware issue or an issue with the synchronisation servers?

Yours hopefully

P.s also tried taking batteries out for ten min, router is 8 feet in direct line of sight to router, there are other wireless devices on network which are working fine.

Geoff

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KarynaH Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network either. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like you to try the following troubleshooting steps: Restart your router and after this, set up your scale from scratch. 

On an aside note, I would like to know if you made changes to your network (WiFi password, router or router settings).

@JSSC I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria 2. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
110 REPLIES 110

@GeoffBiscuitGod I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! It seems that you have tried pretty much all the recommended troubleshooting steps for the connection issues that your new Aria 2 is experiencing. Thank you for trying all this before getting in touch with the forums.

Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that @JuanJoFitbit mentioned forwarding your case to Support, but in the meantime, have you reset the scale? Just remove and re-insert the batteries after 10 seconds. 

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Thanks @DramaQueenDiva I have done that to no avail. I have also recieved communication from technical support which i have included below in case it helps others:-

FitBit:-
We'll be glad to help you connecting your Aria 2 to your network. 

Before anything else, we want to thank you for taking the time troubleshooting this issue prior contacting  us. Upon checking in our system, we confirmed that you successfully linked your scale to your account via Bluetooth; However, you still need to link your Aria 2 to your WiFi network as you mentioned in the Community page so that the scale can be able to synchronize your information every time you use it.

We know that you've checked the requirements of you r router, but we'd appreciate if you double check if your WiFi network meets all of the requirements below:
  • 802.11b/g/n frequency setting. Also, note that if your router is a dual-band router you should separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz into unique channels and connect specifically to the 2.4GHz, which allows for 802.11b/g/n
  • Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configurations are not supported)
  • Both the network name and password must be no more than 32 characters long
  • Set up process needs to be completed using a private network (your network must have a password and a network name). Don’t set up your Aria using a public Wi-Fi network
  • Make sure your Aria 2 is between 10 ft from your router during the setup process
After making sure it has the requirements above, continue with the set up process following these instructions:

Tap on "Account"
Tap on "Aria 2"
Select "Wi-Fi Network" and follow the onscreen instructions

If you're still unable to set up your Aria 2 let us know on which step you encounter an issue to complete the steps and if your get ​a message o​​n ​​the scale​​ ​​or your computer/mobile device. We'll be happy to help.

Me:-

I can confirm the router is operating on b/gn and chaneels are seperate with each having it's own id and password
DHCP is setup and no reserved IP for the Aria 2 as stated it gets assigned an IP address
network name and password both under 32 characters
network is private - who takes a set of scales into a public wifi area? You would get some strange looks in McDonalds
Router is 10ft away

I still get the connect tick, then sync failure unable to connect with sad face symbol.

Frustrating had it for two weeks and have not been able to use it correctly.

look forward in anticipation to your response

FitBit:-

We're sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is still not connecting to your network, but we'll be glad to continue helping you with this. 

Thank you for following the instructions provided. We'd like to continue investigating what could you causing that your Aria 2 isn't connecting to your WiFi, for this reason we recommend you perform a factory reset to your scale. Factory reset clears all user data from the scale including stored weights and Wi-Fi networks. To factory reset your scale, complete these steps:

1. Turn your scale over and pull up on the tab to remove the cover from the battery compartment
2. Remove the batteries
3. Press down on the small button directly above the battery slots
4. While continuing to press down on the button, reinsert the batteries. Be sure to press down on the button for at least ten seconds
5. Return the cover to the battery compartment and press down until it’s secure
6. Turn your scale over to begin the setup process

If after doing the above you're still unable to connect your Aria 2 to your network, we'd really appreciate if you provide us with an screenshot of your WiFi settings so we can further investigate this issue for you. 

Feel free contacting us if you have any additional questions. 

Me:-Thank you for the advice on how to factory reset. I have followed the procedure but alas it still did not work.

I was presented with this again.

DSC_0357.JPG

After saying it could not connect.

So as requested please find attached a screenshot of my wifi settings.

image.png

Please note these are witht he exception of the name and password are default settings. I have also tried various settings in my previous attempts to get it working. As you can see it is listed in my DHCP client list.
image.png

So the Aria2 is connecting to the router but can not synchronise for what ever reason.

So thats where we are at!

Alas the tech gods did not smile upon me this evening but i wait in hope of a solution.
Best Answer

@GeoffBiscuitGod Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue! I would like to follow up and would like to know if our Support team provided a solution after you replied to them.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get your Aria 2 working?  I just bought one and am having the same problem you are 😞

Best Answer

@SandiJo Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and help you with the setup issues that your Aria 2 is experiencing. Please let me know if your scale is displaying any error message. Also, let me know if you are following the setup process as advised in this article and your router settings comply with the required settings that are also listed in the article.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent many hours calling fitbit and my internet provider.  I have tried everything you have.  I have been basically told to give up.  You won't get it working.

Best Answer

I found this to be the case too. Fit it offered to warranty exchange it but I had massive doubts that a new device would work so I just took it back to the shop I bought it from and told them it wasn't fit for purpose. Awful product and scripted responses when trying to resolve.

They did try saying that my phone model wasn't supported but backed down when I got the the same results on a Bluetooth enabled laptop. It was at that point they offered me a warranty replacement.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

After many hours of frustration and teeth-gnashing, we finally got it working.  It has lost wifi signal a couple times but seems to be ok now?  <crossing fingers>

Best Answer

I just got my Aria 2 yesterday Aug. 09,2018.  When I first tried to set in up on my phone on my Fitbit app it only showed the Aria not the Aria 2 so nothing happened when I tried to add it.  I walked away and came back about 15 min later and then the Aria 2 was on the app when I selected add new device. Once it recognized the device the rest was easy.  It asked my for my wi-fi password and it was successful.  I got my little check-mark.  The only thing is when I weighed myself I got an error message.  I didn't realized when the little feet on the scale backed off it was telling me to get off of the scale too.  I guess that might me in the directions somewhere but not on the quickstart guide unless I missed it.  I weigh the same as I do on my old scale which I know is accurate so I'm pleased so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JSSC I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback. This will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@GeoffBiscuitGod I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale was unable to work properly. However, I'm glad to hear that our Support team offered a replacement unit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

@SandiJo @msdoe I'm also sorry to hear about the setup difficulties you experienced with your Aria scales and I'm glad to hear that you guys were able to connect them to your WiFi networks. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'll be around if you guys have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo, my Fitbit is experiencing the same problem. 😕 I had my husband try all the same things as Geoff but we are still seeing the little face with an X and NO WIFI scrolling on the screen. Will you be able to assist?

Best Answer
I gave up. I wasted so many hours and the company quit responding to me.

I went on amazon and bought a scale for$25 that syncs with the Fitbit app.
It uses Bluetooth. Setup easy works perfectly.

Good luck!
Best Answer
Thank you! My husband just bought my Aria 2 for my birthday in March so it’s only 2 months old and it probably kicked out 2 weeks ago. So bummed that a product like this would have so many issues.
Best Answer

@KarynaH Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network either. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like you to try the following troubleshooting steps: Restart your router and after this, set up your scale from scratch. 

On an aside note, I would like to know if you made changes to your network (WiFi password, router or router settings).

@JSSC I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria 2. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done this routine numerous times. Check your records. Unless you
have another solution, this is just a waste of time.
Best Answer

@JSSC Thank you for taking the time to try all the troubleshooting steps. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, the saga continues, Aria 2 less than 1 week old (replaces original Aria, never a problem).

Setup last Sunday no problems, synced, all good until Monday.

Tuesday - did not sync, did not realize until night.

This morning no sync - wifi connection error, tried the obvious for an hour, refuses to reconnect to wifi.

Have not done a hard reset yet - nothing changed on my network, high end router with no funny setups.

Could the wifi gizmo inside the scale just gone bad??

Very disappointed after reading of all the other individuals with similar problems.

Best Answer
I gave up. I bought another brand for $25 on amazon. I have had it for 3
months. Bluetooth works great and syncs perfectly to the fibit app. No
setup hassle or any other problems.
Best Answer