Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So having difficulties connecting my new Aria 2 to Wifi.

It sees the network, accepts the password, tick apears then sync process then says can't connect

I have tried the following:-

• Reseting Router
  • Trying a different router
  • Trying a wifi extender
  • Changing from WPA to WPA-2 personal to WEP
  • Changing to a simple wifi password
  • Changing mode from 802.11 b/g/n mixed to g/n mixed to n only
  • My DHCP table shows it as having an IP and lease
  • banging head against wall
  • praying to the various gods and minor dieties
  • asking my two year old for technical advice

What is my next step? Is this a firmware issue or an issue with the synchronisation servers?

Yours hopefully

P.s also tried taking batteries out for ten min, router is 8 feet in direct line of sight to router, there are other wireless devices on network which are working fine.

Geoff

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

@BearK9 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the syncing issues that your Aria 2 is experiencing and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale could connect to your router properly.

@JSSC Thank you for sharing this information and your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

After several hours of trying and hard resets it finally connected after creating a stand alone guest network. So far online for 3 days.

I'm hopping mad at all of FitBit over this and are contemplating on getting rid of all devices.

They really need to clean up their network design division.

Don't bother trying to call the helpless line.

Best Answer
I totally understand!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing batteries did NOTHING form my scale either.  Loads of trys to get the scale working ..and connecting to the network failed.  In my opinion the scale works to weigh but its junk when trying to hook to the network!!  I gave up six months ago.  Tried to hook up  router is close..could be set next to the scale...NADA!! JUNK!!

Best Answer

I suspect that the scale wifi has a hard time playing nice with one or the other item on the network.

My wireless usually has 9-12 clients connected, 2-4 on 5ghz the rest on 2.4ghz and 4 on the wired side.

I created a 2.4ghz Guest network in addition on the same router and so far it is holding, the scale is the only thing on that part.

I seriously doubt to ever here something from the FitBit technical team to explain their shortcomings or provide a fix, absolutely ridiculus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BearK9 I'm sorry about the difficulties you experienced with the Aria 2 setup. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and this information helps us to keep improving. Thank you for your feedback and comments. Don't hesitate to get back if you need help with your Aria 2.

@brunbob1 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if you have an Aria 1 or Aria 2. You can check out this post so you can find out what is the Aria model that you have.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem.  Ready to pull my hair out and return the thing.  Turns out it required I used the original factory setting for the wifi network and password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elizabeth22 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria 2 set up. Thank you for sharing the update and the solution here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Aria 2. in last 24 hours I tried everything in this page as same as others. my aria can find my wirless. I type my password. it seems connect and show a tick icon. but after that it try to sync but cant. it says "cant connect" and show me a sad emoji.

another thing. I have a versa. many times I have problem with wifi connection with it too. for exp. I never can sync my music in my versa. and should try a lot of times to update or install app on it. pleas help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Return it. You can by a blue tooth scale on amazon for $30 and sets up
with no problems. They also sync to the fitbit app. I tried everything
and fitbit technicians were of no help.
Best Answer

@amd1396 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me help you with this issue. I would just like to know if your Aria 2 is still unable to connect with your network. If the issue persists, please let me know if your scale shows any other error message besides a sad emoji and "Can't Connect". Also, I'd like you to try to restart your router and then try the setup process again.

Regarding the issue with your Fitbit Versa, please create a new topic in the Versa board in order to receive a faster response for the issue you are experiencing with your tracker.

@JSSC Thank you for sharing your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes my Aria2 still can't connect to my wifi. I changed my router and any thing else in this topic ( change the phone and pc, hard reset my aria2 and …. ). there is no other error massage. like I said before, in the wizard it can find my wireless network and shows a tic mark and also my aria2 shown in my connected device list in router setting. but after that when it tries to sync wirelessly with my account it can't and say " Can't Connect" and shows a sad emojy. and also aria 2 disappear from connected device list on my router setting. any thing else I can do???

Best Answer
Get another scale for$25 bucks on amazon that uses Bluetooth and syncs to
the Fitbit app.
Best Answer

@amd1396 Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU !!
You saved me hours...made a guest account, worked within 2 seconds...

Best Answer

@meluseath That's great news! I'm glad to hear that the information shared above helped you to get the issue resolved.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with connecting to wifi: Aria2 would indicate a succesful connection and display a checkmark, proceeded to sync and then give a "Can't Connect" error. After several attempts, resetting the router finally solved the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johnmackin I see that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry about the connection issues you had with your Aria 2. However, It's great to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved by resetting your router. Thank you for sharing this information.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board as well, where you can meet people, share your experiences and create new topics.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know what your talking about my Aria hasn't worked in a long time
and I have given up. I went to another brand cost of $30 that is very
reliable.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JSSC I'm sorry to hear that you decided to switch to another brand. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes