Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So having difficulties connecting my new Aria 2 to Wifi.

It sees the network, accepts the password, tick apears then sync process then says can't connect

I have tried the following:-

• Reseting Router
  • Trying a different router
  • Trying a wifi extender
  • Changing from WPA to WPA-2 personal to WEP
  • Changing to a simple wifi password
  • Changing mode from 802.11 b/g/n mixed to g/n mixed to n only
  • My DHCP table shows it as having an IP and lease
  • banging head against wall
  • praying to the various gods and minor dieties
  • asking my two year old for technical advice

What is my next step? Is this a firmware issue or an issue with the synchronisation servers?

Yours hopefully

P.s also tried taking batteries out for ten min, router is 8 feet in direct line of sight to router, there are other wireless devices on network which are working fine.

Geoff

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

@UCEngineerGirl wrote:

Same here. I gave up trying to get mine on wifi. 

Mine continues to work.

Aria evidently doesn't deal well with 40 mHz bandwidth.

On Netgear routers, disable 20/40 mHz co-existence.

On Linksys limit bandwidth to 20 mHz.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On ASUS, simply change the chanenl from 12 to 11...it works

Best Answer

We just moved and every time I step on my Aria 2, it does it’s thing and ends with a message saying “no Wi-Fi”.  Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just moved house. The Aria 2 worked pretty well previously and was connected to my home Wifi. Now I can't get it to connect. I've changed the batteries, pressed the button in the back. It doesn't seem go in to network search mode. I end up in a frustrating loop. 

It timed out and let me manually enter the wifi name but even right next to the wifi it doesn't connect.

I can weigh myself but it doesn't connect to the wifi to register the weight and % body fat.

Best Answer

Mine still doesn’t work. I received no support from Fitbit. I’m done with it and will never buy another. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What brand?

I've had mine a while. 08 2020.

Nov 21 after a phantom unit change, no longer pairs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow up, after I replaced my router,

Aria 2 did work with the settings I gave earlier for the Netgear Nighthawk.

The Aria 2 connected up with no issues or settings needing to be changed on the Eero equipment that replaced the Nighthawk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with Aria 2 and I finally resolved it. I had various problems while connecting to WiFi, sometimes my Router won't show up in the pairing process, sometimes it showed, but failed to connect.

My router has a feature called "Band steering", which connects the devices automatically between 2.4GHZ and 5 GHZ. There was an option to add devices to these lists manually, so I checked my Aria MAC address in the battery compartment and put it to the 2.4GHZ list and it finally started working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved my problem restarting the aria2 and reconnect it again simple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

One thing I want to add. When you set up your Aria 2 - and it asks for your WiFi password - do NOT copy/paste it. You must MANUALLY enter the password. I made this discovery after several failed attempts to enter the WiFi password with a copy/paste. When I physically typed in the same password I tried to copy/paste, log on was successful.

I hope someone will find this useful at some point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned an Aria 2 for a long time now (years maybe?). I recently changed WiFi setups and lost connection to the scale from my iOS app.  Following the usual process through the app seemed to fail constantly but here's how I got it to work finally.

1. Remove the scale from your app.
  2. Start the process of adding a new device (Aria 2 obviously).
  3. Wait until the app notifies you that it cannot connect to the scale.
  4. Replace all but one of the batteries.
  5. Add the final battery while holding down the button above the batteries for 10 seconds. (This should do a factory reset.)
  6. Wait a moment until the display on the scale shows an image.
  7. Click Try Again on your app.
  8. Now it should connect.

This may not work for everyone, but I thought I would describe what it took for me to get my scale to get connected again.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes