Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to WiFi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had the aria 2 several years. Last Friday, 2/19/21 the scale stopped communicating with WiFi. No changes in WiFi. I tried several options to hookup. I don’t have a router so that aggravation of tweaking the router was eliminated. I am wondering if this is how Fitbit puts you in a position to buy a new scale. The point of purchasing is tracking your weight. Message on scale is still saying www.Fitbit/setup. Spent two hours deleting apps, removing scale and starting fresh. Sees the network. I have it showing on iPhone Bluetooth that it is paired. But no weight will record 2/22/21. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Kimi05, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the syncing issue that your Aria 2 has experienced when trying to connect with your WiFi. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

If you haven't done so, please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, make sure that you are following the setup process as instructed in this help article and see if your Aria 2 connects with your WiFi properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for reaching out. I waited several hours after spending an hour on connecting to WiFi to give it another try.

Before your battery removal suggestion that I had used as one of the steps early that morning. I used it again. Also removed the Apria 2 device from the app again and started fresh as if it was a new device.
Mysteriously, the scale hooked up. I repeated all the same steps carried out earlier in the day that failed. In the afternoon late early evening. It worked as easy as it did when I bought it two years ago. Back online.
Technology is fickle. You never know if the strength from your WiFi is functioning optimally.
I have Comcast that supports the neighborhood. It is nor a direct connection so depending on the traffic flow will dictate the efficiency at home.
Thank you again for following up with me.
Stay safe and strong health to you and your family.
Kimi
Best Answer

Hi @Kimi05, that's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria 2 connected to your WiFi. Thank you also for your patience and as you mentioned, there are times that the Internet traffic affects the connection between devices.

I really appreciate your kind words and hope you are safe and healthy with your family as well.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue on 2/23/21. Was there an iOS app update around this time that corrupted app connections?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I had an slow internet issue. It finally connected in the evening.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @michaelvo, thank you for joining us in this thread. Regarding your question, we haven't receive reports stating that the Aria scales stopped connecting with WiFi networks. However, I'd like you to try setting up your Aria 2 from scratch, as instructed in this help page and see if it connects to your network properly.

@Kimi05, thank you so much for sharing your feedback and please don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual.

See you guys around.

Best Answer
0 Votes