Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to dual-band router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Our internet provider and others recommended that we have one SSID for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz on our dual-band modem. Now the Aria 2 will not connect and Fitbit support told me it's because we don't have a separate SSID For the 2.4 GHz.  We should not have to configure our Wi-Fi in a way that is not optimal just for this one device.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I've never seen a dual band router that has the exact same SSID for both bands. Usually I see some change showing 24 suppose to 5. 

I'm not sure how any device would be able to choose which to WiFi to hook to with both having the same SSID, there really needs to be at least one character difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have one SSID now and the devices choose whether to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz so we don't have a way for the Aria 2 to only get 2.4GHz. This set-up was recommended by our internet provider, as well as info I have seen online. Surely there is a way to connect the Aria 2. This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria 2 has the same problem, and when I called support they told me the same thing, but frankly I'm calling B.S. My Aria 2 worked for almost a whole year and our Wifi did not change in this time. I think it's a problem with the product, considering the Aria 2 has been discontinued in the past few months. Does anybody know if there's a warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes