Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't provide accurate body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria 2 scale aren't showing the right body fat%

In two days I went from 21.6% body fat to 17.5% body fat.

I know 21.6% should be the right % since I have gain weight in this corona time. I was in the 17% when corona started and didn't look like what I'm looking like today.

Nothing I do will Calibration the device.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JorgM, I'd like to follow up and help you with your Aria 2 since it won't provide accurate body fat readings. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

In order to avoid providing the same information, let me know how you did the calibration. In the meantime, restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if it provides more accurate body fat readings.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan. 

To calibrate my aria scale I had to do everything you wrote. 

But stepping on the scale 5 times to calibrate wasn't enough.

Had to do it about 20 times before the scale became stable on the body fat %

Then I switched it over on lean mode and back to regular and did the calibration one more time to see if it became stable at the same % as the first time. And both times the same % was shown.

And the % was almost the same as the scale showed before the calibration problems.

So I'm happy now and satisfied. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JorgM, thank you for getting back. I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved and your Aria 2 is providing accurate body fat readings now. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps you took.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes