Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

I can see my weights in the log, but when my scale records me as a guest (and I didn't catch it to tap "it's me" on the scale itself, I can no longer go to my Aria2 to update that from guest to me. Also, don't laugh, 2 of my cats will sit on the scale themselves for me to get their weights. Since I can't see anything anymore in the settings, these weights are just gone/lost!

What the heck is going on? Too many recent problems....seems to be since Google bought Fitbit!

I am not a happy Fitbit camper these days.

Best Answer

Hello @Dianimaldts and welcome to the Community.  I looked at my Aria 2 settings on my web dashboard.  I agree that the Recent Weigh Ins option is gone.  The only thing I can think of is that Fitbit has been making changes in the web dashboard.  It recently removed the Friends list option.  Fitbit's explanation is that they working on improving the mobile app.  You can make these changes on your mobile app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I've never been able to see them on my mobile, only when on my laptop. I am
just pretty frustrated with the changes as a lot of the "stuff" I use, is
now gone. Google also bought out the GPS Waze and that has been totally
fouled up too!!
Best Answer

@Dianimaldts   This is the path I follow to see Recent Weigh Ins:  Tap on profile avatar > Aria 2 > Recent Weigh Ins.  This page shows the last 30 days of weight ins, just like the web dashboard used to.  My scale can get cranky and make me a guest on my own scale.  I've been fixing this on the mobile app every time the scale does this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Thank you!!! That worked. I didn't know I could see it in the app on my
phone!
Best Answer

I believe I am having the same problem.  My aria2 almost never recognizes me...so I am used to going in to the Fitbit app and and looking at 'recent weigh-ins' under aria2 and pointing it at me (even tho I'm the only defined user).  But now my weigh-ins don't even show up as guest weigh-ins.  I get the check mark after measuring on the scale.  The app shows that a sync happened (in the device list I look at the aria2 info)...but no info in the recent weigh-ins.  I have also done all the power/re-install/re-name steps.

The problem seems to be on the Fitbit end - people at Fitbit, fix this **ahem** sync problem.

I agree that it is frustrating - hasn't been working for me since Thurs, May 18!  

Good luck, all.

Best Answer

Same issue here for the last few days. Interesting twist, while it wont show my weight, or any guest weights, it does properly sync my husband's (who has his own profile) wtf?

Best Answer

Im also having this problem, the scale shows a tick each time I weight in so it feels like the data is sent to their server already. Speaking with support at the moment telling me to uninstall and reinstall the app. I've also tried doing a factor reset on the aria 2 and set it up again. Still shows and guest and nothing listed on the recent weight ins. I keep stepping on and off the scale to see the 5 times thing will pick it up but it doesn't feel like an idiot in my bathroom right now lol.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I get the tickmark showing that my scale has synced via WiFi, then I go to the app which also indicates that it has synced and gives the sync time, but recent weigh-ins are not showing. I called customer support and tried removing a battery from the scale and then putting it back in, turning off Bluetooth and turning it on again, turning off my phone and then turning it back on again, removing the app from my phone, and reinstalling it. I am still not seeing recent weigh-ins in the app. It seems likely not a scale issue, but a system issue with syncing, but customer service verified that I was out of warranty for the scale and that was all they had to offer. The last time my scale synced properly was on May 19th. 

Best Answer

A little update after I was chatting with support this morning...my system seems to have two issues going on....one is that my scale doesn't recognize me, and the second is that guest weigh-ins are not being recorded in the app.  But here is something new...if I weigh in wearing socks, the scale recognizes me and syncs the weight.  

So my problem seems to have something to do with the scale recognizing me when I have bare feet and it tries to process my fat %...

They have kicked it up to some higher level of support to try to figure out...

Good luck to all!

Best Answer

Okay, I tried putting paper on the scale underneath my feet, and then it recognizes me and logs the weight. I guess I can just tape paper on it, and that's a fairly easy workaround for now. 

Best Answer

Same issue here! My Aria 2 rarely recognizes me, so I also reassign my weight from Guest. The guest icon disappeared on May 21, 2023, I tried everything the original poster tried. 

Please fix this, Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Hello 

like some other may 18/19 i have the same problem the scale doesn’t register any weight in guest or myself what to do ? Why that date ? Please help thanks 

Best Answer

This morning I looked for my husband's weight in the app as usual, because I need this for a blood pressure record. All his weights were gone from my app, it only shows my own daily weights. I checked his phone and there, too are only his own weights, but not mine. 

I need his weights to show on my phone again, because I don't always have access to his. Was this changed by default? If yes, how can I get other scale user's weight to show in my app again?

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Is there not anyone from Fitbit to solve this issue? This is so frustrating. 

Best Answer

I'm flagging this post to get a moderator's attention.  My scale also fails to recognize me and calls me a GUEST on my own scale.  I can't reassign it to me, either. Guest weights are lost in cyberspace some where.

@1inageneration   I followed your experience and weighed myself with socks on.  The first time I got the question mark in a head and when my icon showed as an option, I tapped on the check mark.  The weight logged correctly, but with no body fat, as expected.  I was able to weigh myself after that in bare feet and got weight and % body fat.  I hope others can use this while Fitbit investigates.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi everybody ! Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. 
Our team has been informed and will investigate this. I'll keep you all updated here, if I receive further information. 

We appreciate your patience during the investigation

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Is there any way to get a notification with updates about this issue?

Best Answer

I DID get an update from support last night...it looks like a standard reply, but here's what they sent:

We'd like to let you know that the reasons why the Fitbit Aria 2 reads you as a Guest are because your personal data is entered incorrectly, you've lost/gained 8+ lbs since last weigh-in or the scale isn't setup to your account. We know that you've done some troubleshooting steps to get your issue fixed, but could you please confirm if the steps you did are the ones listed below?

1. Verify that your weight on your account is correct.
  2. Confirm that you're not wearing shoes and socks.
  3. Make sure that the scale’s surface is clean. Please wipe the scale down with a slightly moist cloth, and then dry it off with a different cloth. If the scale is not clean, measurements may not be entirely correct.
  4. Verify there is no dampness between the yours feet and the scale.
  5. Have you reassigned the measurements to you? 

So I think I have all those covered...I hope they might help someone else get their scale syncing properly.

In the meantime, my scale has started working again...sometimes...and with a little trick. I weigh-in before bed and in the morning,  The scale never recognizes me and they don't sync up to the Fitbit app (not even as guest...which I used to be able to go in and re-assign as described above).

But I think I figured out that if I weigh in at night with socks on...it at least syncs as a guest.  And then if I weigh-in barefoot a minute later it recognizes me and syncs successfully.  In the morning, I seem to be able to weigh-in barefoot, it recognizes me and syncs like the old days. (I usually delete the night measurement - I only keep the mornings).

I hope this isn't driving everyone crazy - I'm a bit obsessed with health and fitness and I need my data!  I'm glad to have SOMETHING that is working again...it's a beautiful thing when it works.

Stay healthy, everyone...Scott C in Canada.

Best Answer