Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

@Heather67   There is a gear icon in the upper right just above the OP's text box, level with the the title.  Tap on that, then "Subscribe" in the drop down.

@JuanFitbit   Please make sure the development team understands this part of the issue.  Guest weights are getting lost in cyberspace.  A user that gets a Guest weight can't reassign it to themself.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Same here. I monitor my husband weight for his parkinson's disease.

Best Answer

The scale is not recognizing me and keeps saying I am a Guest - use to be able to reassign but unable to locate where that is done now with the changes.  So frustrated, thinking about researching other smart scales.

Best Answer

same here - have to manually add weight after using scale...just like a manual!

Best Answer

Juan,

I have a regular Aria, not Aria 2. My issue is similar but a little different. I have lost all previous guest weights under Recent Weigh Ins. It does still show my weigh ins and continues to log new weigh ins for me but as LZeeW previously stated, guest weigh ins are going to cyberspace somewhere. Thanks.

Best Answer

I have the same exact problem with the same scale

Best Answer

I got another note from support:

In this scenario, we'd appreciate if you recalibrate your scale by weighing yourself five consecutive times, but on each weigh-in reassign the GUEST weights to the correct user. To reassign the GUEST weights to the correct user, please follow the steps listed at:How do I track my weight in the Fitbit app? on "To reassign a weight log" section.

Once the five GUEST weights have been reassigned. please weigh yourself five consecutive times again and the scale should recognize you by your 3rd weigh in, and test for the next days, weighting yourself once at the same time every day. This will force your Aria 2 to recognize you as intended.

So in my case (and others on the forum), when I weigh in my guest weight doesn't show up in the ARIA measurements, so I can't re-assign...sooooo, last nightI used my trick of weighing in 5 times with socks on so the aria always recognizes me...then I did the 5 weigh-ins in bare feet which it also recognized.

This morning I weighed in and it all worked great...and the bonus is that it shaved almost a full percentage off my body fat! ...if this is a recalibration, I am pretty happy.  

I didn't quite follow their instructions to the tee, but I will try to just weigh in each morning (no more night weigh-in) and see if it all continues to hold.

Have a beautiful day!

Best Answer

The problem is the app is not logging Guest weights, as it did before May 19th or so. As a result, there’s nothing to reassign. 

Best Answer

@1inageneration   Support obviously missed the part about GUEST weights going to cyberspace.  I never knew it that it took an eight pound difference to trigger a GUEST weight.  I'm sure other users with cranky scales will say they show up as a GUEST without that list of criteria.  I'm frequently a GUEST on my own scale.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thanks to some change in the last two weeks, the web dashboard doesn't show any weigh-ins, so you can't reassign anymore. For the last few years, the scale keeps messing up between me and my wife, and we have a 30kg difference. This is very annoying.

Best Answer

Good noon!

Thank you for the feedback. I will now summarize my request in details again and hope we can clarify this.

First of all: the invitation to the second user has now worked. It was not possible to send the invitation via the app on the iPhone. Via the interface in the web browser on the PC it worked.

The following problem still exists: I as the main user (me) do not get an entry in my account / on the app after weighing.

No weighings visible. The scale is correctly linked to my account. I see the Aria and I see the second user. And me too, of course. Please check this again in the backend as well.

The scale is correctly connected to wifi.

The scale has connection to FitBit.

The measurement results are obviously transmitted.

When the second user weighs herself, she has the possibility to select her abbreviation by tapping on the scale. The result will then also appear in the app.

When I weigh myself, only Guest appears. I have no option to select anything else. Neither tap right nor tap left. The result is then transferred wherever. Nothing appears in my account on the app.

I have gained about 8 kg. Due to illness I was not on the scale for a few weeks.

I have now manually entered once a result in the app, in the hope that the scale recognizes me again. But does not work either.

The question is now what to do. Can you set this appropriately in the backend? I see no more possibilities here. Thanks for your help.I have now spent hours and days on this and am very annoyed, stressed and it upsets me that I am spending my time here without it working.

Thank you for a feedback, Stefan

Best Answer

@ajasgma   Fitbit is aware of this problem.  Guest weights disappeared from the app, too.  Another user tried this and it worked for me.  Weigh yourself with socks on.  When I did this, I got the head with the question mark in it, then my icon with the "X" and "√" choices.  I was able to tap my icon.  I weighed myself again without socks and it recognized me.  Then I was able to weigh myself without socks to get my weight and %BF.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Why has all history of weights disappeared in app and app won't show my husband's weight although he is a user

Best Answer

I’m having issues with my Aria 2 all of a sudden. When I weigh myself, all looks normal on the scale. When I check the app, it says that the scale has synced every time I weigh but the weight doesn’t show on my dashboard or weigh-ins. I’ve done all the usual things - restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, scale, Wi-Fi. I’m stumped! The scale is useless to me used as a manual scale. Any ideas? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Last recorded weigh-in was 5/19/2023. I happened to have been gone since then, came back, and everything shows as guest. The Aria 2 is showing synced - can tell on app and on website, just cannot see any guest weigh-ins to then assign to a user either on the app or website.

Best Answer

The problem still exists. I can only see my own weight and not every user's weight, like it used to be. On my husband's phone, only his own weight shows up. Before, you could always see ALL users weights on ALL user's phones.

Best Answer

I expect this is a new "feature" that google thinks is important, rather than a "bug".  It's doubtful that we will get any sort of reply from fitbit at all.  

Best Answer

I believe I have the same issue.  I weigh in and the Aria 2 thinks I'm GUEST.  When I go to the App to change the GUEST weigh in to me, I only see weigh ins already assigned to me.  I can't change the GUEST assignment.  I also can't see my wife's weigh ins.  She can see her weigh ins on her app.  I'm betting the GUEST weigh ins are still being recorded but not displayed anymore, because you used to be able to see all the weigh ins on the scale regardless of who the weigh in was for.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thank you for your messages. I've merged the threads here, so that you all receive the updates at the same time. 
As mentioned above. Our team has been informed and is investigating the situation with the scales.
I'll update the thread, should I receive further information.

I appreciate your patience until we have an update about this. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi Juan, did you see my thread "Aria 2 doesn't show other users anymore"? All other people's weights have disappeared, one can now only see one's own weight. If this was changed by default, there should be a an option to reverse that, as I need to see my husband's weight on MY phone, like before. Other people are reporting the same problem.

Best Answer