Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

How do I get the time I’ve lost trying to figure this out???  Thanks to you all. At least I know I’ve not lost my mind!   FITBIT, please fix this!!!

Best Answer
Here is what I can see or understand so far to help the devs debug:

1) the scale does send Fitbit the data correctly as in the Fitbit API
returns a 200 when the scale submits the weight information.

2) the app's does not display any recently weight ins submitted by the
scale if it has been registered as a guest submition.

This is the complete p1 blocker for users at the moment, not so much that
it's registering the weight in a guests, it's that we cant convert those
guest weigh ins afterwards like we use to, as the app doesn't show it
anymore.

If I was the dev looking at this, I would first check the API call of the
scale with a guest weight in to see if it has pushed the data into your
storage/DB.

If there's any queue system of inserting these values into the DB to see if
its stuck in queue.

Then check the app's API GET call logic around how they are pulling recent
weight ins, see if its pulling in from the right places AND providing the
data in the right namespace as the app expected.
Best Answer

I also have been experiencing this issue for a couple of weeks now.

It’s particularly annoying as someone who’s actively dieting, therefore the scales frequently thinks I’m a guest. Moreover, I’m unable to see my body fat percentage when it thinks I’m a guest. 

Really hope this issue is fixed pronto. 

Best Answer

@Victory7s   My Aria 2 gets very cranky and will say I'm a guest on my own scale, too.  Another user suggested this and it's worked for me three times since this issue started (this tells you how cranky my scale gets):

• Weigh yourself with socks on -- when the scale says to step off, it gives me the head with a question mark, then my icon with the "X" on the left and the "√" on the right.  It syncs to my account, but no %BF.
  • Step on the scale barefoot.  My scale has been giving me the head with the question mark again.  Tap on the correct "X" or "√".  It syncs to my account.
  • I step on it a third time and it works fine.

I've had to do this three times since this all started.  I will log my weight manually if it stops working.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This does not work for me.  I've only ever used the mobile app, never the web based dashboards.  And i have the same problem others had on the web.  Only my own weights show up.  There are 2 other users plus my cat who use the scale.  (yeah, yeah, same as the other guy, but I monitor her weight that way).  It's irritating that I can no longer manage all the weigh ins. No guest data, no data for other users.  It used to be that i would see that registered users weighed in but I didn't see their numbers.  Guests i saw everything.  Now nothing.  I'm in Canada if that makes any difference.

Best Answer

Same here. All recent weigh-in data has disappeared for me and almost all for my wife. Very annoying 

Best Answer

The issue is affecting me too - I have just replaced the batteries as it was cutting out, but I do get entire days where I'm a "guest" (and can't find the weigh-in in the app to reassign) and days where I'm "me", and the weigh-ins are there.

I'm using Aria 2 with firmware version 23.27.2.0

Best Answer

I agree.  I can't see the guest weights anywhere.

Seems like Google is doing everything it can do kill fitbit.

Best Answer

I am so glad that I am not the only one frustrated by this because I used it to monitor my older cat's weight. He randomly sits on the scale a few times a week and it was really convenient to see his weight history when I was able to see guest weigh ins. Now I can only see my weight starting from when this obnoxious change happened for me (5/22/23), no older history, no guests, and no data from anyone else sharing the scale. Weird thing is, the day it started, when I opened the weigh ins portion everything was there and then it vanished and has yet to return.

Best Answer

The app and website only show My weigh ins. I can not find guest weigh in anywhere, and the scale is only recognizing us as guests

Best Answer

I don't understand why  this thread has 'solved' as  a prefix in the subject because the problem is still not solved at all on my scale. As a blind user I was really happy with my scales  ecause that's an easy way to track my weight on my own. Hopefully the  engineers at Fibit figure it out  soon.

Best Answer

having the same issue Fitbit for about a month or so. Please resolve this for us all soon-clearly a lot of disappointed people with the same issue. 

Best Answer

Can we please expedite this? It looks like it might have been an intentional change or side effect of change. Those kinds of issues don't creep randomly. Is there expected ETA when it will be resolved or in case if it cannot what's the refund procedure for Aria 2 users since product is no longer performing as advertised and was broken by you without informing customers?

Best Answer

Hello JuanFitbit, Do you have any updates yet? This issue has been affecting multiple users since May 19th. My scale will not log the weight in the app at all, either as a guest or under my profile, unless I put something between my feet and my scale. It sounds like this is an issue with all Aria scales. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for all your reports. The information shared here will be very helpful for our team. 
They are still looking into this. I'll be updating the thread, should I receive further information. 

I appreciate your cooperation and help during the investigation. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

this is not a solution. Why does the forum say that this is the solution?

Best Answer

@lindsay1dove , Nice to see you around. Thank you for your message. 

I marked my comment as Best Answer so that everyone who is following the thread knows that our team is aware.

Updates will be posted here and you all will be receiving them together.

We appreciate your patience until this has been investigated and solved. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for following this, JuanFitbit.  I would like to remind you and the forum that the original problem was that we can no longer see the weights of family members (also guests).  When you combined the threads, this problem got lost.  As the administrator for our account, this is critical information for me to have, especially as I must monitor my husband's weight due to his illness.  Please be sure to include this problem in your investigation. I would appreciate your update to me assuring me that this is being investigated.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Just having a time scale as to when it would be fixed would be a good idea. As you've mentioned, @JuanFitbit , "solved" doesn't mean "solved", just that it's been passed on to engineers.

Best Answer

Same here. I've just set up my Aria again after not being used for a while. Due to this, it doesn't recognise me so I can't view recent weigh-ins via the web dashboard or mobile app.

Best Answer