Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

I have moved to Apple as of 3 days ago.  The fitbit app may be better for some things, but Apple Support is always there when you need them.  Google, you are losing your followers.  

Best Answer

Juan,

Any update on this issue. Its been about six weeks now without any updates. guests weights are not recording.

Best Answer

I believe I am having the same issue.  The scale doesn't recognize me and says guest.  I've had that happen before but not for this prolonged period.  When it happened previously, I would just go into the app and click on Aria 2 then go to Recent Weigh-Ins and assign the guest weigh in to myself. But, the Recent Weigh-Ins list is empty.  Now I realized that it hasn't tracked anything since June 3rd. What is going on?

Best Answer

Thank you for opening this Danie10. Since posting my original thread 19 May, there’s been no resolution from Fitbit, and my thread was closed/marked as resolved, which it clearly hadn’t been. In addition to the lack of communication here, I’ve also had no response from Fitbit Support via email. I opened a case via email, had some support, asked a follow up question, heard nothing, got a response from a different employee, was then sent on a merry go round of email back and forth, asked for escalation due to the repeating and often non-related email responses, and then heard nothing. That was three ago. Three weeks of non-reply via email by Fitbit Support. And seven weeks since I requested email support. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Best Answer

I'm busy with them on Twitter for support. Gave them the link to this thread, and mentioned the are many with the issue. I'll update if I get anything right.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Aria 2 WiFi scale | Manjaro KDE Linux | Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Best Answer

I believe Fitbit support has muted on any issue related to Aria. Please try to contact them without mentioning Aria until they respond first.

Best Answer

Reply from Fitbit's Twitter account just now: "Sorry about this. Our team has been informed and is investigating the situation with the scales. Thanks for your patience." I gave them the link of this thread.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Aria 2 WiFi scale | Manjaro KDE Linux | Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Best Answer

I tried to sync my aria scale to another device, but since I was already connected to a different device, it wouldn’t let me do that without an ‘invite’ from the device already connected to it. I gave up trying!

Best Answer

Yesterday when I weighed myself I added the (Guest) weight manually.  Today I weighed myself and instead of seeing Guest I saw my icon on the scale.  Grabbed my phone and under Weight all my info had reappeared and it was logged in under my name/icon.  However if I click in Account, Recent Weigh-ins, June 27 - July 3 are the only dates that appear.  Maybe that will be fixed too. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Honestly and we all know about it deep in our hearts, Fitbit isn’t just phasing out Aria. 

Best Answer

I just changed the batteries in mine and now it won’t sync. I thought it was just me doing something wrong so that’s why I got on here and was going to ask a question. Now I know I am not the only one. My scale works fine and don’t want to buy another one!! When this Fitbit stops working I was planning on getting another one but now that google took over I might rethink that and get an Apple Watch since I have the phone. I hate to do that cause I do love my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

terrible support indeed.

We are stuck with no sync status.

Thanks for contacting Fitbit and helping the community.

Best Answer

My aria scale was working and syncing just fine. Then google implied that I would lose fitbit premium provided by my health insurance if I didn’t login to fitbit app with google instead of fitbit credentials, so I switched to logging in with google. This morning got on the scale & it didn’t sync. Tried several times. Then I took batteries out & put them back in - still didn’t sync but I weighed 2 lb more. Removed aria scale from fitbit and tried to connect it again. Nope won’t work. I just started a new weight loss program and this scale was supposed to make it easier on me. How could google screw this up unless they are coming out with their own scale and this should encourage us to buy it!

Best Answer

Mine finally synced after several hours. Don’t know how long it will work since it is an older one and has no updates available and Fitbit says I would have to upgrade 

Best Answer

Any progress with this? I've been a guest on the scale now since may and still cant register my weight???

Best Answer

See attached screenshot. I've asked Fitbit to acknowledge on this thread.

Twitter message with FitbitTwitter message with Fitbit

Best Answer

Thanks, @Danie10 
However, it sounds like Fitbit is not acknowledging anything at all. If they do, they should have put up a support page and provides a resolution. 

Best Answer

this is unbelievable...
and I have 2 Aria scales, what should I do with these now?! Start logging in excel... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it seems Fitbit is not intending to acknowledge or respond here until they "receive any information". I'm quite amazed, as this is exceptionally bad from a PR point of view. I hope it gets resolved soon, but I'm not very convinced I'll be buying another Fitbit product (I've already swapped out my Fitbit tracker for a Samsung Galaxy Watch).

Reply from FitbitReply from Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okey, I think I've got the crap to recognize me again... I put the scale next to a table and while I'm on the scale, I pushed on the table so I was about 1 kg away from my last known weight in fitbit. And then again, and again, and again until I could let go of the table and register my current weight. Then I use the Fitbit app's recent weights and removed all these dummy weigh-ins. 🤯

Best Answer