Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won’t register guest weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my scales didn’t recognize me and said guest during the weigh in. In went into the app - recent weigh ins, and changed it to me. Today, the scales didn’t recognize me again. I went into recent weigh ins, but this time, there was no guest weight registered. So, I tried three more times and got nothing. 

I then came to the Community to search for help. So far, I’ve tried removing the batteries and stepping on the scales 5 times (6 times, just in case) to recalibrate. Nothing. Tried that again. Nothing. 

I’ve removed the scales from my app and readded them (twice); logged out of the app and back in (6 times); done a hard reset of my device (3 times), and then tried adding the scales again (twice). Tried removing the batteries again, and then stepping on 5 times again. I then got on to my Fitbit account via the web browser, hit the settings cog, gone into my Aria 2 to look for recent weigh ins and possibly change it to me there. However, I can’t find any data about weigh ins on the website. 

It’s been 2.5 hours now, and I’m ready to throw the scales out the window. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Update #?? (I've lost track of what number update this is)

Posted my query back in May. Six months later and still NO MEANINGFUL UPDATE from Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Updated post. 

Best Answer
653 REPLIES 653

I really appreciate everyone keeping up the pressure on Fitbit Support to fix this.  I feel like I am losing hope and I'm starting to consider a new scale...are there any suggestions for a good one?  

Best Answer

I'm afraid Fitbit support doesn't even KNOW about it, because this was the answer to my support request I just received yesterday:

"Thank you for contacting us since you cannot see the other user's weight on your mobile. We'll be happy to continue assisting you.

We recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and try again.
  2. If the issue persists log out and login and test it.
  3. If the issue persists please uninstall the Fitbit app and install it again.

Hope it helps!

If you have any other questions, please visit help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Grethel and the Fitbit Team"

Best Answer

I’m sorry they’re so useless. It’s happening for me across 2 iPads and multiple phones. But sure, “turn it off and on again” is their fix. 🙄 It was undependability like this that stopped me using their trackers years ago. The scale has been solid up until now. And again, it works fine for me… but not anybody else in the house. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

I tried this solution, weighing myself 5 times with paper on the scale, and 5 times without, and only the weigh-ins with paper were logged in the app. Nothing to reassign, just not logged. If we buy new non-Fitbit scales that currently sync with the Fitbit app, I am wondering if the interface will continue to work now that Google has bought Fitbit. 

Best Answer

It's obvious that, because they've discontinued the product, a fix is incredibly low priority for the engineers. They'd much prefer we give up and buy a replacement from the newer range rather than support something that (at least in my case) is less than 2 years old. Isn't that right @JuanFitbit ?

Plus, the first line support is only ever likely to say "turn it off and on again" "restart the app" etc.

Best Answer

Okay, so, MAYBE the bigger question now is:  has anyone researched replacement scales?  I’m immobilized because newer ones have so much extra I don’t want or need!

Best Answer

Google acquired Fitbit in January of 2021.  Things have been going downhill for me ever since then. 

Best Answer

Yeah. The same with Nest. Google gobbles them up and they become shells of what they could have been 😔

Best Answer
I gave up and got a renpho scale on Amazon. Now don’t have any more Fitbit items. If they don’t value their customers then I want nothing to do with them or their crappy products with planned obsolescence. Switched to Garmin for tracking activity as they stand by their products and a separate scale. I like it so far but have only had it for a day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have just purchased the Aria Air scales. Is this discontinued because I’ve literally just bought them. I am having issues adding a user atm. I invite them, go through the set up and it then says they need to be invited and we go round in circles.

If these scales are discontinued all return them as I only bought them last week

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Everything was fine, then I had to replace my batteries. Once I did this, I am not a guest, with no body fat, and I cannot find the logs to attribute it to myself. It also says it's syncing correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JuanFitbit and thank you for the reply.
Do you have any updates?

Best Answer

Hi, Here are some recommendations from Wirecutter. The Wyze Smart Scale X gets good reviews and syncs with the Fitbit app. 

Moderator edit:  link removed

Best Answer

Hi 

Aria 2 is showing me as guest despite me having unpaired and paired many times today. Also it is not calculating fat percentage & BMI. Also it is not syncing the readings to the App even though it shows syncing successfully on the scale and is not showing weight on the App since 9th of June. This has become a recurring theme with Fitbit products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Android app is doing the exact same.  It only shows weigh ins that the scales recognise and me.  Any time my scales think I'm a guest I have no visibility of these weigh in to reassign this.  The timescale sounds pretty similar too.  On the PC page I can't even see any weigh ins on the Aria page at all, it only tells me I can still assign another 6 users.  Seems to be just one more issue of many since Google took over!

Best Answer

Same here.   I’ve tried all the documented solutions to get it to register me but it keeps thinking I’m a guest.   And now won’t show guest weights.  😐

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an open ticket - nothing seems to be being done about it

Best Answer

@Pallava   My Aria 2 somehow decides I'm a guest on my own scale about every 1-2 weeks.  Guest weights aren't showing up on the app, so we can't reassign them to our own accounts.  This workaround worked for me every time since this started:

• Step on your scale wearing socks (slippers might work, too but I use socks)
  • You should see a head with a question mark and when you step off the scale, you get your icon with an "X" on the left and a "√" on the right
  • Tap on the upper right of the scale
  • Step on the scale with bare feet -- the same sequence happens again
  • Step on the scale again in bare feet to confirm that your scale recognizes you

Your scale needs to recognize you to calculate %BF and BMI.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I also have an open ticket.  They say the developers are working on it ....  We shall see.  Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered that the web dashboard DOES show my weights.  It's under the "see more" button under your weight.  But I can only see mine, and no longer anybody else in my household.

Best Answer
0 Votes