Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't show body fat percentage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria2 scale will show my weight but when it gets to the body fat percentage, it just says "---%".  I know it does that when you wear socks but I'm barefoot like I'm supposed to be.  It used to work fine but now it does that EVERY time.  Any suggestions?? I've tried unpairing and re-pairing.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

@jabudia It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria 2 doesn't calculate your body fat percentage, even though you are stepping on it barefoot. In order to fix this issue, restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if your body fat percentage appears on the display.

In addition, make sure that your Aria scale is placed on an even or flat surface.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

So I did what you said and on the 4th weight in a row it showed the body fat %. I am hesitate to mark this as a solution since its not fair that I should have to get on, weigh, wait for it to sync, and repeat x4 to get a percentage.  That's just unacceptable.

Best Answer

@jabudia Thank you for getting back! I understand that weighing yourself several times might be a little bit tedious. However, this workaround needed to be performed once. If the issue is still happening, try setting up your Aria 2 from scratch. After this, monitor your scale and let me know if it still unable to measure your body fat percentage. I'll be happy to follow up and find a solution for you.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I removed it and set it up from the beginning.  Same problem.  No fix.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem.  I did the same troubleshooting. My Aria 2 is only 4 months old.  

Best Answer

Mine too!  Wonder if we got a bad batch...

Best Answer

Could be. It was working fine for 4 months.....

Possibly.  I’m so disappointed.

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@jabudia Since the issue persists after you troubleshooted this issue, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

@LadyB60 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Since you mentioned that also tried the troubleshooting steps listed above and your Aria 2 won't be able to show your body fat percentage either, let me go ahead and send your case to our Support department and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Let me know if you guys have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Since it uses a change and resistance maybe it failing due to a short(out of bounds feedback from the sensor).  Maybe something like a hair is short the sensor and Cleaning it with an sani-wipe or something to clear any debris.

Also Has Fitbit tested on people have heavy calluses?  I know my feet are bad due to a lot of heavy pivoting I do while working out.  But I do not have an Aria 2 to verify.  Food for thought...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried the removal of all the batteries and weighing myself 5 times but to no avail.   What is your next suggestion.   This just stated happening after enjoying scale for a few years

Best Answer
I have looked at settings as Fitbit suggested, I can’t find anything. I have written back to them.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Preactive It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I appreciate your input and feedback on this thread.

@mfr81 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our Community by the way. I would like to know if your Aria 2 is placed on an even surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

@LadyB60 I want to follow up and would like to know if they provided a solution after you wrote back to our Support team.

Catch you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Unfortunately it is an Aria 1.0.

- Yes placed on flat service and after 5 (five) times testing weight
BF did not appear.
- Called Help Desk they said out of warranty and offered Aria 2.0 @ $129

--

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this out of box.  Contacted support who couldnt' help and sent me up the chain.  That was days ago.  I did everything the CS rep suggested as well as everything in this thread.  It's an overpriced paperweight!  If Fitbit can't get a scale to work then why on earth would I stay a customer.  Someone higher up needs to actually contact me and provide a shipping label for this horrible product to be sent back.

Best Answer

@mfr81 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days starting from the date of first setup. I know how frustrating this is for you.

@ElementalWisp Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is also experiencing the same issue. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they will reach you via email soon so they can follow up with your case.

I'll be around if you have any doubts!

Best Answer

Same thing has happened to me - it hasn't shown % fat since I first used it. Every time I use it it is on a flat surface, it's clean and I'm barefoot. I've reset it and repaired it, still the same issue. On three occasions it has randomly worked but I've no idea why and it doesn't repeat. It's an expensive scale and it should work. Please can someone from Fitbit tell me how to fix this or please provide me a refund.

Best Answer

Thanks @JuanJoFitbit  - if they don't fix the issue or provide me with a working scale by Thursday (1 week from starting this process) I will be disputing the charge on my credit card as a faulty device that Fitbit won't let me return.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Samrason Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not providing accurate body fat reading either even though you have troubleshooted this issue properly. Due to this, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can follow up and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your email account.

@ElementalWisp I understand your frustration regarding this. Our Support department will contact you soon. I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

See you later guys!

Best Answer

Well they have 1 day to contact me.  1week is not an acceptable timeframe for no answer.

Best Answer