Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't show body fat percentage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria2 scale will show my weight but when it gets to the body fat percentage, it just says "---%".  I know it does that when you wear socks but I'm barefoot like I'm supposed to be.  It used to work fine but now it does that EVERY time.  Any suggestions?? I've tried unpairing and re-pairing.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

@ElementalWisp Thank you for your feedback! I also appreciate your time and patience. They will contact you soon.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale is the same, only about 4 months old and body fat % doesn’t work. I have tried all the “fixes” mentioned, but nothing is working. 

Best Answer

@Teranio925 It's great to see new faces in the Fitbit forums! Thank you by the way for troubleshooting this issue before contacting the forums. Since issue persists, I will escalate your case to our Customer Support department and they'll be happy to follow up. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having the same issue and my Aria 2 is also about 4 months old. One day, no more bidy fat readings. Just two dashes. Has there been a reason and fit identified yet?  It seems that this issue has been out there for a while, based on the other messages here. 

Best Answer
I got mine replaced by customer service as no fix was identified.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I’ll reach out to them today. I hope your new one is working well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JerseyJeff97 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on your case and since you mentioned that you were going to contact our Support team, I'd like to know if they provided a solution.

@jabudia I'm glad to hear that our Support team sent you a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old was your Aria 2? As Support said mine was out of warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, yes they are addressing my issue.

My Aria 2 was less than 2 months old.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please clear up the apparent discrepancy between my issue with my Aria 2 and @jabudia  and FitBit's resolution I was told to buy a new Aria 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does work, maybe not ideal, but it requires minimal fiscal effort. It'l be better if you had to carry your aria over a 1k steps up and down. I really need to get some exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was about 4 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mfr81 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale us out of warranty. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments.

@JerseyJeff97 I'm so glad to hear that our Support team is already handling the issue. Thank you for posting the update here.

@jabudia Thank you for your feedback.

@KravenVD Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! In order to avoid any misunderstanding on my end, please let me know if your Aria is not tracking your body fat percentage either. If this is correct, please provide more details of the issue and let me know if you have tried some troubleshooting steps.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works fine after I meassured myself a couple of times in a row.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KravenVD I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale started working properly after you re-calibrated it. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has a fix for this been discovered? Mine is not showing body straight from the box. I tried the things mentioned here.

Best Answer

@Sld82 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 not providing body fat readings after trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Due to this, I will forward your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've heard nothing from Fitbit regarding the issue. I've tried the fixes recommended and they don't fix the problem. I just don't get why it randomly worked for me 3 times, but just doesn't work most of the time...come on fitbit, sort out my scale!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20190315-121500.png

When it does work I question the accuracy.

The highlighted is me switching from normal, to lean and back to normal, please don't tell me this is averaging or calibration. What exactly are u calibrating to? Resistance is defined so am interested in the need for calibrating. There seems to be some variability in the data which I suspect is averaging...but the measurement is absolute. My foot sweat (nice) and position varies yes....don't try and compensate for this....if I weigh my lean chicken....don't interfere trying to be clever.

The hubit scale I use has been consistent and I use them side by side when suspicious..my wife refuses to use the aria2....it's a third of the price and my only gripe is it's poor graphing feature...I'm on my weigh there now...pun intended!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Samrason @PaulGreatrex I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up and since you guys are experiencing issues with the body fat accuracy, I'll send your cases to our Customer Service department so they can further investigate and help you accordingly.

You'll receive an email from them soon.

Keep me posted if you have more questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes