Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't show body fat percentage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria2 scale will show my weight but when it gets to the body fat percentage, it just says "---%".  I know it does that when you wear socks but I'm barefoot like I'm supposed to be.  It used to work fine but now it does that EVERY time.  Any suggestions?? I've tried unpairing and re-pairing.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

I just unpacked mine, same issue.  I wish I had read all these issues before I ordered!  Glad I got it from Amazon, it's going back, of it's not fixed date quick

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dplonske Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your new Aria scale is not giving you body fat readings.

If you haven't returned your scale, I'd like to turn the bad experience you had into a good experience.

Restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate your scale. Finally, please make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you stepped on it barefoot.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Body fat %is always wrong on Aria 2 or at least not reliable. Tested mine on a professional one and gave me a more realistic answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RhinoT Thank you for joining our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not providing accurate body fat percentage.

If you haven't done so, please follow the troubleshooting steps that I shared in my previous post. This will refresh your scale internally.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with me, and I followed the advice of removing/replacing batteries and weighing myself 5 times. Didn’t work. And I just got my Aria 2 TODAY! 😠

SOLVED! Found this on another thread. You have to wait for your icon with the check mark and “x” to show up - then tap that with hour foot. I had to step off the scale to get the icon to come up, but got right back when it did, then tapped with my foot.BMI and Body Fat Display Solution

Moderator edit: merged

Best Answer

@Michael400 I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So was your Aria 2 giving you a higher or lower body fat reading than your professional reading? How significant was the difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JanJo. This appears to be a redcurrant problem. I have now followed your recommendaed fix a number of times. The scale is clean and on a flat hard surface and I am barefoot. The device continues to fail to display body fat. 

As so many people are having the same problem there must be a common factor the can resolve this. Or is it that we have simply bought a badly designed device and we just need to come to terms with it?

Lastly, one should expect a set of weighing scales to work for at least 3 years. Sales of goods does not limit life to the warranty period, so fitbit need to look after their product for its expected life to comply with UK law. 

Tahnks

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit, I am sorry, my phone auto-corrected quite a bit of my message, but, fundamentally, I would like to get my Aria2 presenting my body fat again.  Other than resetting by taking the bateries out, which I have now done on multiple occasions, can you make any other suggestions other than buying something different?  Thank you for any help you can offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is at least my second post on inconsistencies, there is something
fundamentally wrong with the algorithms.
How can a measurement device increment linearly with repeated measurements
with the same load. No my feet were not damp. I weigh daily however with
this level of inaccuracy if I weighed weekly it could be extremely
misleading on progress and makes a gimmick of something that reputably
should be much better.
Disappointing to say the least.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced the Aria 2 with the EUFYLife C1 Smart Scale.

It is SO superior to the Fitbit scales, it's hard to know where to start.

In short, it works.

The setup is super fast and easy, takes seconds.

The readings for all measurements came thru' first time.

Syncing it to the Fitbit app (as well as its own app) took seconds too.

Adding a partner to the scale was so easy also.

There are way more measurements available with this scale.

And it costs a third of the price of the Aria 2.

So - everyone reading, go for the EUFYLife scales instead, find it on Amazon.

They are fab!

Best Answer

Thank you for sending the case to your customer service department, but I've heard nothing from them. No emails received. Please can you tell me if there is a fix for this or if I should send it back for a refund?

Best Answer

Get a refund and buy the alternative (see my post above)

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only down side to that is it won’t sync to the LoseIt! app; the Fitbit Aria does. The bottom line is that while the Aria has three main issues from my view (1. Difficult to get a consistent weigh-in reading on any given day, 2. Body fat % reading is all over the place by going up and down significantly day to day, 3. The weight syncing to LoseIt! is consistently a tenth of a pound light), they’re not significant enough to make me want to shell out money for a different product. But if other scale brands were to sync to LoseIt!, then I would reconsider.

I hope the Fitbit company personnel who monitor these posts will take customer concerns more seriously. They say they do and are working on solving  issues, but paying lip service will not help you keep customers - and your reputation will certainly get passed on by dissatisfied customers to other prospective customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me to has been doing it since I bought it 6 months ago. Bloody annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria 2 will show my weight but when it gets to the body fat percentage, show GUEST, am the only one using the scale.
I took off batteries, deleted it and started from scratch. Nothing works. is frustrating! I wasted my money on this. I think it too expense, too much problems. am very disappointed!.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FItbit is less than 6 months old and it is not showing the body fat even though I took out batteries and set it up again, as well as everything else suggested on this board.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still not working after all this time.i have given up and am waiting for some kind of firmware update

Best Answer

JalapenoSunfire, I’m not sure exactly the nature of your issue, but did you check out this thread?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Scale-won-t-show-body-fat-or-BMI/td-p/2302189

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing has changed in a long period of time so don't hold your breath.
Best Answer
0 Votes