Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't show body fat percentage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria2 scale will show my weight but when it gets to the body fat percentage, it just says "---%".  I know it does that when you wear socks but I'm barefoot like I'm supposed to be.  It used to work fine but now it does that EVERY time.  Any suggestions?? I've tried unpairing and re-pairing.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94
Yep it's a long road has been going on for months. This was the last message I got on the 11th Nov 2019. The ironic thing is it worked 2 nights ago and I got excited and then stopped showing again a day later 😢. Can't fault the support team lots a messages and suggestions. Just think it's buggy software. I believe Google have taken over the software development (stand corrected if I hear otherwise)so hopefully an update fixes it.

Thank you for the update. 

We will make sure to take note of that. 

As of now, we're still working on a fix for this issue. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

We appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have other concerns in the meantime. 

Sincerely,

Arlyn R. and the Fitbit Team

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had this problem and it seems the EXPERIENCED people should have informed you to check your app!

The other night I cleaned my scale with Isopropyl Alcohol and for some reason it stopped showing the Fat/BMI specs! I followed everything and still nothing.  Then was looking in my Scale's section of my app and boom under my user account the SHOW BODY FAT % was turned off!  Turn it back on get on the scale problem solved!  B-)

Best Answer

Still nothing done about this since the 1-9-20 just the promise that we are working on a fix. Customer Service? May be time to support another brand at this rate.

If only it was this simple for others. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using my aria 2 without socks, I tried the fix by removing the batteries and weighing myself 5 times in a row and I also unsynced and re-synced my device which also did not fix the body fat %. It still shows my body fat % as
“- -%”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I've tried every suggested fix around even abstract stuff on forums. Has to be a software problem. Cant remember the last update for the scales. Has there even been one for Aria 2 scales?

Best Answer
0 Votes

1.5 years after flagging this issue here and trying to email in and still no resolution has been found. 1.5 years! What is going on? I definitely want a refund, yet no one is sorting this out. Please sort this out Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I agree! The reason why I purchased this type of scale was only for the body fat % otherwise I would have just bought a regular scale. Fitbit needs to take accountability for this issue, especially if this many people are having this issue. They should definitely offer a software update. 

Best Answer

Adding on to this thread - this just started happening a few days ago with my Aria 2. I've tried all the suggested techniques to reset, recalibrate, new batteries, etc. Body Fat just shows as "--%" for all users of the scale. FitBit, any answer to the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m extremely frustrated because since my comment I have not even received a response from Fitbit. I’m assuming they are just waiting until the one year passes so they don’t have to replace or repair it. I’ve also tried all the steps listed below and it just no longer works. It worked perfectly for several months then stopped for good. 

Best Answer

Joanneallison, you’re not alone, trust me. If you look at this thread’s history, you’ll see a lot of frustrated users who’ve posted various issues over time. Though I will say yours is the first of its kind I’ve seen.

Just be patient. Or try posting a new thread?

Good luck to you ...

Joanneallison, I take that back. It has been reported. Actually, the original poster said later on that she contacted customer service and got a free replacement. Seems like precedent is set, so try that route ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the end I gave up even after they replaced the scales the issue was not fixed. Bought a competitors scale and it has not missed a beat  Yunmai Color Smart Scale - Body Fat Scale,Body Composition Monitor with FREE APP, 2 yrs warranty. And it cost me half the price. They also connect to my Fitbit and record the weight. So win win.

Best Answer

I'm really disappointed in FitBit's support for their scales. I bought the original Aria in 2013 and had to buy a new Aria in 2016 when it just stopped working. I then had to buy an Aria 2 in 2018 when the second Aria just wouldn't connect to WiFi any longer. I've spent hours trying to get my FitBit scales to work. I'm in tech and I'm more than capable with fiddling around with settings, etc. to workaround problems. But, I've lost my patience with FitBit scales that don't even last two years and appear to be end-of-life'd as soon as the next version of hardware comes out to push customers to the new product. After spending nearly $400 on FitBit scales I bought a Withings Body+ scale this morning. I've been a diehard FitBit consumer for nearly 10 years. I'll keep on using their trackers. But, I will no longer give them my money for their scales. I hope others have better luck.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem and I've weighed myself 9 times now, but still no body fat percentage.  It's never worked for me...I'm so annoyed!  I bought the Aria first and it still works fine, but I wanted the Aria 2 so I bought that and I can't even use it really, because it's missing half the data I want recorded.  How annoying!!  Also, no matter how many times I remove the batteries and attempt to factory reset the device - it remembers me and does not reset.  What are the next steps?! 

No way, really?!

Best Answer

So just an update to inform anyone who may be having the same issue: Don't wait for Fitbit to help you try to fix it. Request a refund immediately. I was too lenient and trusting with Fitbit - patiently trying their fixes whilst the back and forth with them took literally years. Despite requesting a refund soon after buying the Aria 2 I did follow their instructions to try to reset etc. Nothing worked. Clearly it's a design flaw. Now I've exhausted everything they've suggested to fix it and asked for a refund for the 10th time they've told me it's been longer than 45 days since purchase so I can't have a refund. When I pushed them on consumer rights they told me they'd send a replacement. I sent my details but questioned whether a replacement would actually fix the issue of missing body fat percentage readings as it seemed to be a design flaw. And their reply? We've sent you a replacement. When I immediately replied stating that I don't want a replacement if it doesn't work - I want a refund, or better I just want a working product that shows me weight and body fat readings they told me they'd sent a replacement, but it wasn't an Aria2 because none were available, so they've sent me an Air. Which they've confirmed doesn't measure body fat.

So to resolve an issue with my Aria 2 scale, where the body fat measurement doesn't work but the weight measurement does, they've sent a scale that doesn't measure body fat. Wtaf. This is an absolute joke and surely some dodgy way to get out of their legal responsibility. 

I was a loyal Fitbit customer with premium, ionic watch and previous charge HRs but that's the final straw. I will be searching for an alternative and ditching Fitbit entirely. To be fair I could do without the frequent chemical arm burns from the charging port. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Do not buy an Aria 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with my Aria 1. It’s ridiculous a device as expensive as it is doesn’t survive more than four years. 
I contacted support, and they asked the most obvious questions and sent an email saying what I already knew, it’s out of the warranty, go buy a new one. Thanks, but no thanks, I can live without the bf info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've rest mine and set it up again. It still doesn't give the body fat. This is a known issue. What is the fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

brand new out the box - no fat reading

Best Answer
0 Votes

We're having the same problem. About 2 years ago the Aria 2 stopped showing the body fat percentage, but we were able to fix it. Now it's stopped again.

I've followed all the advice on this thread (the resetting procedure including weighing 5x, redoing the initial setup from scratch) 

Fitbit team - Help!

Best Answer

I have tried this and it still doesn’t work.

This workaround did not work either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. I've had my Aria 2 for years and it was working fine then stopped. I'm barefoot, it's level, and I did the battery thing and nothing. Going to try removing it again i guess. The current scale doesn't even do body fat so if this is broken guess I'm going with a different brand. Sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes