Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't sync to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria2 has been working great. I had to replace my router and got a new wifi network.  I tried to change the network of the Aria2 from my phone app, but the settings wouldn't let me select it.  I tried deleting the device and re-installing it, but now it won't recognise at all.  I've followed all the instructions, replaced batteries, turned bluetooth off and on, but nothing.  Really disappointed.  Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @hwburrell, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that the Aria 2 isn't connecting to your account, and thanks for the troubleshooting steps that you've tried prior posting. You did a great job. As you may know, the Aria 2 can be connected to any network that meets our requirements. Since your router was replaced, I'd recommend to check the following information:

• Both the network name and password must be no more than 32 characters long.
  • You're using WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
  • The router's frequency setting is 802.11b/g/n
  • The Aria 2 is within 10 feet from the router when setting up.
  • You're not using any firewalls or MAC filtering.

• The Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.

If everything is correct, try restarting your Aria 2 by removing the batteries for 10-15 seconds, and inserting them back. Then proceed with the setup process one more time. If the issue persists and an error message is displayed, please take a screenshot of that and attach it in your reply so I can take a deeper look.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, 

Thank you so much for the detailed response. Sorry it's taken a few days to get in touch with my internet provider. 

I can comfirm that we are on the right frequency, I have gone through all the suggested steps numerous times, and I keep getting the below error message: 

IMG_2765.PNG

I've confirmed that I have the right network, and have quadruple checked the password multiple times, but still no luck.  It's such a frustrating experience, as I didn't have any trouble with my previous wifi router (same provider) which was much slower...

Please let me know what else we can do. I confirmed with your colleague on the phone that this scale is still under warranty. 

Thank you, 

Heather

Best Answer

Hi @hwburrell, are there any special characters in the password?  I've never experienced this, but I've heard that can be a contributing factor.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
Thanks for the good tip. This was part of the original troubleshooting advice. But all alphanumeric. Can’t figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @hwburrell, welcome back! I'm sorry for the delay in my response. @DramaQueenDiva, thanks for stopping by and helping our friend. Nice job!

@hwburrell, thanks for verifying the information posted above, as well for the screenshot. This is very helpful. I understand where are you coming from and I'm sorry that you're going through this situation. Since your scale isn't connecting after meeting the requirements, I've requested a case for you so our Support Team can take a deeper look and give you a hand. They'll send you an email shortly, keep an eye on your inbox.

Catch you later! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes