Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't turn on after batteries change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago, my Aria 2 scale indicated that the batteries needed to be replaced. No problem, new batteries inserted. Scale refused to work. Ok, community forum troubleshooting. Tried taking batteries out, cleaning (already clean) connection points with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Let dry, put batteries in, scale still doesn’t work. Took batteries out and left them out overnight. Put new batteries back in, still won’t work. Ok, on to Fitbit support. A few emails back and forth to make sure they have my name and email correct and then the answer: sorry, out of warranty, too bad for you.-but please, do try to buy a new scale from us.

Ummm....no. The only scale available does not have wifi or body fat calculation...so not what I’m looking for.

Moral of story-enjoy your disposable/not recyclable Airia 2 scale until the batteries need to be changed. Once new batteries are inserted, the device no longer works. Many threads like this one-same problem-same result. Bye-bye FitBit! I have zero desire to invest in anything that literally becomes non-recyclable waste when the batteries die. I’ve learned my lesson and won’t be making the same mistake twice.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MCS816,

My scale has low batteries now, let me see if I can change out the battery and if I experience any issues.

So I just tried it on my Aria 2 and had no issues.  What exactly were you experiencing?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

For it to work. it no longer works. Multiple fresh batteries tried. Scale no longer works. I was expecting that changing the batteries would cause the scale to work, not stay completely dead.

Best Answer

Hi, @MCS816. Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the issue that your Aria 2 experienced.

I'm also sorry to hear that your scale is no longer under the warranty period. The warranty period is good for 365 days, starting from the date of the first setup.

We really appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Thank you for your help @DramaQueenDiva.

See you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

With so many other options available, you won’t see me around. After the second time of “battery died, it no longer works” with a Fitbit device, it’s clear that I need to move on from Fitbit. As soon as my old data syncs to the new health & fitness app I’ve chosen, I’ll be deleting my Fitbit account. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Time to move on. Be better-make products that don’t die and can’t be repaired or recycled. You have the money to do so, maybe you should put that money into product development and not into the overpriced salaries of your executive team...

Best Answer

@MCS816 I definitely know how frustrating this is for you and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer