Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 wont find wifi network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to connect my new Aria 2 to my wifi.  It finds a list of other wifi but does not find mine.  When I manually type the details into the other, message says the network is "not available"

Very frustrated

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Is your WiFi a compatible 2.4? 

Is your phone or computer connected to the same network? 

Best Answer

Yes to both. Computer and iPhone are connected to wifi. The wifi is
compatible with 2.4.

I came here hoping to get some help from Fitbit. How do I get help from Fitbit support?  Or should I return this product?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are looking for help from fitbit support, tap on your photo in the top right. Then tap Contact Support. 

If you want help from your fellow Fitbit users, your in the right place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Here is what worked for me:

• Factory reset the scale. If you do it right you will see progress bars on scale display when it restarts.
  • You need 2.4 GHz for the scale. If your router has 5GHz as well, pls disable that. 
  • Remove / delete the scale from your app.
  • Setup scale using the app. It should now find the wifi and connect.
  • Reserve the ip address for your scale on the router. Your router will auto assign an ip address and you can use that and reserve.  Otherwise, create address reservation using scale's mac address. You can find it inside the battery compartment. Chose an ip address that is withing the range of addresses on your router - and select the one not assigned to any other device.
  • Try weighing and see if it syncs. It should.
  • Enable 5GHz on your router.

What I found out was that if you re-enable 5GHz without first reserving the ip address, the scale would not detect the Wifi and will not sync.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, if I had known it was this difficult I would have bought a different scale. I will return it if I have to do all this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mika1984, thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 won't find your WiFi. I totally understand how you feel about this. I would like to follow up and would like to know if your Aria 2 displays any error message.

In the meantime, please make sure that you followed the setup process as advised in this help article. This article also contains a list of the router requirements that the Aria 2 needs to connect with a WiFi network.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes