Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air BMI % Missing??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My initial problem with these scales were that they wouldn't work with my old mobile as it had Android older than 7. I now have a Motorola Power with Android 9 and it seems to work and sync ok finally. It uploads my weight ok but no BMI%

There isn't an option in the Aria Air or users section. Is the software not caught up with the Aria Air yet? Or is it in some other place or am I just missing something?? It says in the write ups that it does BMI as well as weight?!?!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

BMI isn't a percentage, it's a number.  Are you referring to body fat?

Best Answer

@RicoWolf   You statement appears like you are confusing BMI and percent body fat just a little.  @Hypnotoad is correct.  BMI is a relationship between height and weight.  The BMI doesn't show on the scale when you weigh yourself.  It is in the app in your Weight log.  When you tap on your Weight tile, then tap on a synced weight, tap on that weight again to get to the details.  Your BMI will be there.

Just to be complete, the Aria Air does not calculate percent body fat.  Just the Aria/Aria 2 for that.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ok yes I misspoke I just ment BMI/body mass index. This is what was advertised with the aria air scales. 

Looking on the display I can see BMI, % and other things that are unlit. I guess its the same part for all the scales. When my fitbit ionic connects, all that is displayed is the weight. The BMI is hidden away in the app. Bit poo really. I could of got cheaper scales or used a wii fit board for much less money and got more information from them. 

I wont be recommending the aria air scales.

Best Answer

I was thinking the exact same thing that's why I'm debating on just return this expensive scale, basically all it is😔. Funny thing is when I called one of the reps told me just wait there is update that they are working on that was month ago. 😡 Nope still not on display...... So they are sending my return label cause not willing to discount for their communication errors and design errors. Cause I too see the back light that says bmi , fit bit customer service rep. Told me to day that is there for recording/calculating purposes like wat.......🤣🤣. No it's design flaw

Best Answer

This is very confusing. It is clearly indicated on the box I am looking at. No stats for BMI. Clicking on weight once and then again only allows a manual edit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @LZeeW you seem to answer in all forums, could you please explain us  then, why we weigh ourselves on an Aria Air, it is suppose to put the BMI when we weigh ourselves, but that doesn't happen. We have. At least with me I have to put the number by and.

By way,regarding the % of body fat we can find in the charts given bu the fitbit app...

Will wait for a reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to find the BMI in the app. Click on the weight tile and at the top where you see the graph, there are a further three graphs if you swipe left. The last one is the BMI (each graph is labelled). 
Hope that helps!

Best Answer