Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air Communicates Once and Never Again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased an Aria Air (Thursday). I was able to set it up and sync it the first time with zero issues. I recorded my weight in my app using the scale as intended. Great!

Friday I stepped on the scale and it read my weight, but it would not report to the app. The only icon on the scale screen was the Bluetooth icon. I did not have time to fight with the scale, so I let it be and went to work.

Saturday I stepped on the scale and same deal. Bluetooth icon and nothing else. I checked my devices list and it last synced Thursday. I attempted to pair my Aria again and it could find the scale but could not complete the process despite the scale being on. I waited a half hour a tried again; it now would not pair because there was already a user, but the user was not recognized as me (still not pushing to app).

I reset my scale and paired it again to my user. It worked! Both Thursday and Saturday's weight are in the app.

Today, Sunday, I stepped on the scale and it's back to only the Bluetooth icon. It last synced Saturday at my weigh-in. It cannot find the device when I try to pair it again. My app is trying to sync on it's own and it says Syncing.... and then does nothing. My FitBit is syncing without issue.

How can I get my Aria Air to work more than once without resetting the scale every time?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I have exactly the same problem. Received my aria air last week as well. It will sync only the first weigh-in after re-pairing or rebooting my phone. Turning off/on bluetooth is not enough. It's not normal to have to reboot my phone daily just to get the scale to work as intended.

In the help topics it says to not have any other bluetooth device connected... I have a charge 2 that's also obviously paired and syncing to my app. Can't believe this would be a blocker for syncing the aria air??? I haven't tried to remove it as I want to keep it paired and syncing.

Best Answer

I won't unpair my Fitbit because it's a nightmare to pair again. Really hope that's not the issue. 

Best Answer

I have this same issue. It finds it and syncs fine with setup, but never again. If this doesn't change, I'll be returning my scale. I'm not going to set it up every day. I could just as easily manually record my weight, with a less expensive scale. I was so excited about this scale... 😕

Best Answer

I had the same problem. I contacted fitbit support through the online chat today and they advised me to update the app on my phone (Google Pixel 3). Once I did that, I stepped on the scale and it synced like it's supposed to. I figure it must be a new update because I've been checking to ensure my app was updated the entire time I've had this problem.  We'll see if the scale works again tomorrow. If you haven't updated your app recently, it may be the fix for you.

Best Answer

Tried the suggested Fitbit app update, didn't fix the issue for me

Best Answer

Same exact scenario for me.  Talk about frustrating!!!!  

Best Answer

Update also did not fix it for me.

However, I did discover that it is more likely to connect if I sync my Fitbit first. My Aria scale will not connect at the same time my Fitbit Versa is trying to connect. This is problematic because my Versa only connects 50% of the time when asked.

My routine goes: open app, physically refresh Fitbit. Step on scale. Open weight log. Select log new weight. Scale will either connect or not connect after I've opened the log new weight dialog. It's about a 25% success rate but every few days it does it on it's own without me having to manually type.

Best Answer

I recently bought an Aria Air as well and have had the same issue too. I have a Pixel 3XL phone and my Aria Air never syncs my weight with the phone. I always have to restart the phone for each weigh-in for it to finally sync or I have to completely remove and re-pair the scale with my phone's fitbit app. FitBit did a very poor job with this product. I am considering returning this product to go for a different brand instead. I do not recommend this product.

Best Answer

Exact same thing here. Received mine yesterday. Worked just fine. However, this morning, today: nothing, dead. I feel I've been scamed. It's a shame a big company such as Fitbit does'nt test their products before marketing them. And good luck finding support 😞 

Best Answer

I have the same exact issue.  It worked the first time out of the box, then refused to sync again.  I restart my phone and it worked once and refused to sync again.  I re-paired the scale and it worked once and refused to sync again.

Best Answer

I force quit the app and it syncs once, then refused to sync again.

Best Answer

I returned it.  They refunded me no problems. They shouldn’t sell technology if they can’t ensure it works

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Synced once. I'm surprised there are no responses from Fitbit to this thread. 

Best Answer

Same problem, but I have to restart my phone and then it syncs with no issues.

Best Answer

I think it may be the android Fitbit app that is the issue. I had the same issue. Ever since i switched from android to IOS, I’ve had no problems. It works every time I use the scale 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no, I didn't realise it's been a problem for this long. This is happening for me near the end of 2022. I don't think they're going to be fixing this  😕

Best Answer

I have the same issue syncing the Aria Air to my very up to date Android phone (a very new Google Pixel 6).

🙄Ironic, given Google's purchase of Fitbit that this scale seems to work better in iOS than Android, per other users' experiences shared here.

I saw somewhere that turning off my Versa 4 (also brand new & sync'ing just fine) may help the scale be "the" found device for sync'ing, instead of the smartwatch. I have had mixed results with attempting that. It worked once, but not the next time.

Of course, if I have to shut down my watch it warns me that data may be lost so it's:

1. turn on phone & open Fitbit app
  2. do a manual sync of Versa 4
  3. Manipulate Versa 4 to perform shut down in Settings
  4. go to the Aria Air scale, with Today page still open in phone
  5. Step on scale and say a little prayer
  6. See if a Log Entry for Weight pops up on the phone
    1. If it does, accept it, Else 
    2. say a little swear and just type in the **ahem** number myself.
  7. Turn on Versa 4 again

This little Fitbit timesaving device now costs an extra 5 minutes each morning for zero added value.

I'll just be typing in the number after I look at the scale.

This is silly Fitbit - please address. 😡

Best Answer

I agree, except instead of spending any more of my time I simply packed it up and returned it. I have an $8 chinese made glass top scale that reads me a number just fine. Since that is all the Aria Air is good  for, I will be happy saving $40 and a BUNCH of hassle. This product should be pulled from the market, or at least stated Android support is best effort. What a fail by Fitbit, and they do so many things well, shame really.

Best Answer