Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air Communicates Once and Never Again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased an Aria Air (Thursday). I was able to set it up and sync it the first time with zero issues. I recorded my weight in my app using the scale as intended. Great!

Friday I stepped on the scale and it read my weight, but it would not report to the app. The only icon on the scale screen was the Bluetooth icon. I did not have time to fight with the scale, so I let it be and went to work.

Saturday I stepped on the scale and same deal. Bluetooth icon and nothing else. I checked my devices list and it last synced Thursday. I attempted to pair my Aria again and it could find the scale but could not complete the process despite the scale being on. I waited a half hour a tried again; it now would not pair because there was already a user, but the user was not recognized as me (still not pushing to app).

I reset my scale and paired it again to my user. It worked! Both Thursday and Saturday's weight are in the app.

Today, Sunday, I stepped on the scale and it's back to only the Bluetooth icon. It last synced Saturday at my weigh-in. It cannot find the device when I try to pair it again. My app is trying to sync on it's own and it says Syncing.... and then does nothing. My FitBit is syncing without issue.

How can I get my Aria Air to work more than once without resetting the scale every time?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I´ve been i contact with support so many times regarding this scale and sync issues of diferent kinds (either syncing issues or errors when adding scale members). I tried to create a "feature request" for the development team to acknowledge this as a serious problem. Feature requests are posted here and is not part of the forum threads. What the administrator did was simply to cancel my feature request and create a new post among all the other similar ones.

It seems to me that this scale has serious issues and sometimes works and sometime not. It mostly works for iPhone users but It happens to them as well (I have both Android and iPhone and have tested with mixed results on both). If it´s the scale, bluetooth, android or iphones is hard to tell. The only thing we as users gets are standard answers like "try reset your scale, read this article etc.)

For me and my wife it´s always to "force quit app" that is the solution when syncing is not working. Inviting members to the scale is also troublesome. In some cases it works with just adding by username and sometimes not, same when inviting via email adress, works sometimes and sometimes not. Mixed results from time to time.

The standard answers that the support replies with regarding syncing issues (when app doesn´t popup the log weight modal on your phone)

• "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Do the OTA and CLR-thing - page 12 in the manual
  • "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Try this guide for setting up your scale (link)
  • "Your account shows that there is no currently paired scale for your Fitbit account, please try set up your scale (another link)

The most frequent reply is the last bullet above. I have asked several times if they actually CAN see this somewhere on my account or if this is just a standard answer. I actually can see the scale on my profile page (desktop) next to my Sense 2 as well as in the Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reply from support January 7th 2023

----

Thanks. We verified that this is a known issue, and we're currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. In the meantime, we recommend keeping your Fitbit device and app up-to-date. Thanks for your patience while we work to get you back on track, and let us know if you have any other questions.

----end quote 

Does anyone know for how long this has been an issue? 

Hopefully the Dev team will fix this. Let's hope for the best.

Best Answer
0 Votes