Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air cannot be factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot factory reset Aria Air 2. It was added to my app on an iPad. I removed the scale and the app. Then I wanted to add the scale to my iPhone's Fitbit app. It sees the scale but then tells me it's already connected to a different device, and I need to reset it, or send an invitation. Well, I cannot send an invitation, as I no longer have the scale linked to my app. I can also not reset it, as this doesn't work.

I followed the instructions with taking out battery, then pressing the button in the back for 5 sec. but the display simply turns off, and doesn't show "ota".

Perhaps the Aria data can be removed from my Fitbit account so the app doesn't think it's already used somewhere? How can I do that?

I also had removed the batteries over night, which didn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

I figured it out...

The batteries were finished. Not enough to not turn on at all, but just enough to make me swear and cuss, as it didn't want to reset.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Carlpinto, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Aria Air could not be reset to factory settings. However, I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved by replacing the batteries. I totally understand how frustrating this was.

As aside note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes