Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air does not sync - Insist on instructions that don't involve resets or restarts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got an Aria Air this week, after considering getting a Smart Scale for some time.

We set it up for the first time last night. I was able to take a measurement, connecting to the app as it's supposed to work. Then we added my wife, who was able to do so as well; however, we are of similar weights so the machine was initially confused, thinking it was just weighing me - though this was easily corrected.

However, I got up this morning and when trying to do my first daily weigh-in, the scales did not sync with the FitBit App. I can still "see" the scales in the app, but I don't see any battery life indicator, and it correctly lists the recent measurements as taken last night.

I would like to say, also, I restarted everything, and I have the latest FitBit app, so no template instructions please. I want information about how to fix this that doesn't involve "starting over" by disconnecting everything and reinitialising things, because I've just started to use it so I've clearly already done that once, and if I need to do it every day, then this thing's useless, it's going back to Amazon.

Can someone technical on your team please tell me,

1) Should I be able to see the battery life within the app, like for Fitbit wristbands?

2) The scales' screen turns off if not touched for ~20 seconds. Am I correct in assuming they can only communicate with my phone when the screen is on? (i.e. is the device in a "high power mode")?

3) What does the bluetooth icon on the device actually mean? When it's lit, what is it trying to do?

4) When my wife and I are using it - and we both have phones with FitBit apps - is the scale only going to connect to my phone, even if the weigh-in is logged on her account? I'm talking about the physical bluetooth radio connection here, not the account system or anything like that.

5) Finally; why does the device have markers on its LCD for things like BMI, height etc. when the device doesn't seem to ever display those things?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

In fact, no, this is going back to Amazon.

Sorry, FitBit - but I've bought your devices numerous times over the last ~7 years and have previously always liked them, but this device is simply bad.

I don't understand how your design team allowed this to be released.

Firstly, it seems like the connection is inconsistent. I have plenty of Bluetooth devices and they connect fine, with zero problems. You might say "maybe they're causing the problem" but all those devices (including my Inspire 2) work perfectly with each other, and if they all work fine, and this device doesn't, then the problem's with the Aria Air.

Secondly, upon trying it out, the user experience is terrible. In order to weigh yourself, you have to load up the app, then get on the scales, then get off the scales, read your weight in the app, and hit OK. The only step this device saves is typing in ~3-4 numbers to log your weight! I'm pretty sure that for most people, what they want from a Smart Scale is a device where they can turn on the scale, tap it to select who they are (with the account system on the scales themselves), get on, have it measure you, then get off - and not involve checking a phone at any point in that process. If I have to open the app and OK the measure at the instant it's made, it only saves me the tiny step of typing in some numbers. I want a smart scale to be something I do as part of my morning routine, and I don't have time for my morning routine to include baby-ing a badly functioning device through an app.

This is a real mis-step for your products.

Best Answer

Is there a way to ininiate a sync on the Aria 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes